Are you at home and needing some new reading material? We can help with that!
This week FIVE new third-party products for Dungeon Crawl Classics have hit our online store. From new zines to limited-edition publications, we’ve got something that will appeal to everyone.
Let’s look at what’s available!
Welcome to the first issue of Tales from the Smoking Wyrm, a DCC fanzine drawing from the history of zines.
The Wyrm is a big fan of gaming zines of all stripes, and we hope to bring you the same high-quality content for a DCC audience! Our first issue contains 8 features, usable by players and judges alike!
- Paladins—A new take on an old class
- Cthulhu as Patron—Why choose the lesser of neutrals?
- Culpepper’s Herbal—Herbs for your game
- The Silver Ball—A mysterious way to add and remove characters to and from the game
- Telepathic Rats—Expanded rules for a plucky companion
- Rites & Rituals, Part I—How taking the long road to power can reap huge benefits
- Onward Retainer—An adventuring comic in an old-school style, starring the Legion
- Wyrm Words—A crossword puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the first issue
This is the limited-edition version of issue 1, with each issue being hand-numbered X out of 300. Once all 300 copies are sold, this edition will not come again. Featuring Cordwain cover stock nearly identical in texture to the original D&D boxed set pamphlets and archival interior Mohawk smooth paper stock, this zine is meant to last for a long time! This issue is printed with environmentally friendly black and metallic gold inks throughout, which allows us to create eye-popping tables and artwork. The staples are enameled glossy black to prevent rust damage. This issue features a gatefold center spread to allow the Cullpepper’s Herbal section to rally lay nicely on the page. Further, the book features real latin Anathema to protect against theft, or risk the punishment of higher beings. As Todd Bunn of Gateway Games & More says, “This is the fanciest fanzine ever!”
This is the LIMITED EDITION Risograph printing.
Stickers to populate hex maps, and calendars. Tables to create places and the creatures that haunt them.
The Hexanomicon is a setting generator using stickers of hex map landscape elements, sheets on which to place them and tables to determine the contents of hexes. Specific destinations are left to the judge. I dot my map with published adventure modules and a few NPC homes.
The party may learn that there is a Wizard’s tower a few days journey away. Their journey should not be trivial, use the hex name generator to create The Glittering Bogs of Ada’akka. The bogs will contain beasts so Jumping Gore Beetles are created from a table that combines stats for jumping, gore, and beetles. Write down the hex contents on the Judge’s Map and mark the event on the calendar. Includes Hex generator, Beastomatic, Run/Rescue for when Crom is too mean, and rules for ley lines and a Divination spell to find them.
Map, calendar, and sticker sheets are also available as a free download to print more.
- Zine printed on heavyweight paper
- Map stickers 1
- Map stickers 2
- Luck token stickers
- Groovy sticker (designs vary)
- Players map (hex area)
- Judge’s map (hex area)
- World map (to organize area maps)
- Year calendar
- Month calendar
- Blank sticker (print your own locations)
A year in the making; the triumphant return of Meanderings, Reavers, Swords, Sorcery, and Shirts of Red.
Inside you will find:
- Sword & Sorcery Conversions for Demi-human classes.
- Crimson Tabards – Rules for running funnels with less players.
- Black Grimoires – What Secrets lie within the Apprentice’s Grimoire?
- Midaes – A New Patron write-up based upon King Midas.
- Zeroes to Heroes – More 0-level paper minis.
- First installment of the Reaver’s Gallery
The first adventure module for Star Crawl!
You’ve got a lead on an intact space station from a long-dead race. Its contents could be incredibly valuable- or incredibly deadly!
This is the first standalone adventure module for Star Crawl, intended for a party of 2nd level characters.
Threen Station Zero’s 48 black & white, zine-sized pages include:
- A complete self-contained adventure designed for Star Crawl but ready to drop into your DCC or MCC games.
- Pre-generated characters & ship stats to get you right into the action!
- Bonus Star Crawl content: tables for generating random alien features!
While this adventure is compatible with any game system, Star Crawl is designed for use with the Dungeon Crawl Classics and Mutant Crawl Classics RPGs.
A third-party compatible DCC adventure module consisting of three connected adventures for characters levels 0 to 1.
Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer is a Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure module comprised of three connected adventures, set in the Villages of the Muir Forest. Most living here are simple folk, content living their mundane day-to-day lives. However, there are those who seek to live a life greater than the lives they were destined to live. This is where the first adventure, the King’s Challenge character funnel, starts.
The second adventure, Kobold’s Stole My Cat!, begins right after the King’s Challenge. The characters are newly forged first level adventurers seeking to establish their reputations in the world. The characters’ next adventure takes them to the village of Greenleaf, where they are tasked with rescuing a cat from a gang of kobolds. There, the characters encounter unique NPCs, explore underground tunnels and uncover clues to an ancient civilization.
The third adventure, The Gong Farmer’s Revenge, picks up after Kobold’s Stole My Cat!, when the beloved village monster, Oscar, is killed by the Gong Farmer. Now, the characters are tasked with tracking down the Gong Farmer and bringing him to justice.
That’s a ton of great new product! So if you are wanting something to make your in-home time more entertaining, head on over to our online store and we’ll get your new releases in the mail!
We’re all in this together. So let’s try to have a safe, good time.