Welcome to the first issue of Tales from the Smoking Wyrm, a DCC fanzine drawing from the history of zines.
The Wyrm is a big fan of gaming zines of all stripes, and we hope to bring you the same high-quality content for a DCC audience! Our first issue contains 8 features, usable by players and judges alike!
- Paladins—A new take on an old class
- Cthulhu as Patron—Why choose the lesser of neutrals?
- Culpepper’s Herbal—Herbs for your game
- The Silver Ball—A mysterious way to add and remove characters to and from the game
- Telepathic Rats—Expanded rules for a plucky companion
- Rites & Rituals, Part I—How taking the long road to power can reap huge benefits
- Onward Retainer—An adventuring comic in an old-school style, starring the Legion
- Wyrm Words—A crossword puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the first issue
This is the limited-edition version of issue 1, with each issue being hand-numbered X out of 300. Once all 300 copies are sold, this edition will not come again. Featuring Cordwain cover stock nearly identical in texture to the original D&D boxed set pamphlets and archival interior Mohawk smooth paper stock, this zine is meant to last for a long time! This issue is printed with environmentally friendly black and metallic gold inks throughout, which allows us to create eye-popping tables and artwork. The staples are enameled glossy black to prevent rust damage. This issue features a gatefold center spread to allow the Cullpepper’s Herbal section to rally lay nicely on the page. Further, the book features real latin Anathema to protect against theft, or risk the punishment of higher beings. As Todd Bunn of Gateway Games & More says, “This is the fanciest fanzine ever!”
This is the LIMITED EDITION Risograph printing.
Published by: Blind Visionary Publications
Created by: Trevor Stamper, John Olszewski, Brian Gilkison, Joel Phillips, and Caitlin Stamper