It’s a trio of zine-tastic fun today! We’ve got a great set of new third-party zines for DCC RPG now available in our online store. Whether you are in the shadowy corner of a smoke-filled inn or have traveled into the stars to confront the wonders of the universe or the terror of its depths, there is something available for you.
Let’s take a look!
Tales From the Smoking Wyrm Issue 2 – Print + PDF
Tales from the Smoking Wyrm issue 2 returns with more cool articles!
Tales from the Smoking Wyrm, a DCC fanzine, returns with a second issue of hand-crafted articles, comics, and puzzles for DCC fans of all ages!
The Wyrm is big fan of gaming zines of all stripes, and we hope to bring you the same high-quality content for a DCC audience! Our first issue contains 8 features, usable by players and judges alike!
- King of Beasts as Patron—Bonding with the wild side gives you distinct advantages!
- Dwarven Jäger—A subclass of dwarf with a very useful skillset.
- Ritual Magic, Part II—A close-up look at three rituals aimed at those of religious bent. Want to know why unholy creatures burst into flames when they cross the threshold into holy ground—this will tell you, along with other mysteries. Includes rules for Pious Deed die.
- Culpepper’s Herbal—More herbs for your game. We continue building out an herbal catalog that all adventurers can take advantage of, even in the darkest of times.
- The Shoggoth—A classic monster from deep in our adventuring subconscious finally flexes its full muscles! Also includes a Find Familiar spell for Cthulhu cultists to gain Shoggoth familiars!
- Wyrm Words—A word find puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the second issue—this way, a definition is never in doubt!
- Onward Retainer—Starring the Legion—The second installment of an adventuring comic in the old school style
This is the limited-edition version of issue 2, with each issue being hand-numbered X out of 225. Once all 225 copies are sold, this edition will not come again!
Featuring Cordwain cover stock identical in texture to the original D&D boxed set pamphlets and archival-quality interior Mohawk smooth paper stock, this zine is meant to last for a long time!
This limited edition is printed with environmentally friendly black and teal gold inks throughout, which allows us to create eye-popping tables and artwork in a two-tone format unlike any other zine on the market for DCC! This issue comes saddle-stitched with enameled glossy black staples to prevent rust damage. Issue 2 features a gatefold spread to allow the Cullpepper’s Herbal section to really lay nicely on the page. Further, the book features real Latin Anathema to protect against theft, or risk the punishment of higher beings. As Todd Bunn of Gateway Games & More says, “This is the fanciest fanzine ever!”
Terror of the Stratosfiend: Cycle of the Snake-Wolf – Print + PDF
Inspired by tales told in front of bonfires, comes a supplement focused on bones and what we do with them.
“I know fear, for my village is forfeit. The witch coerces the flames into a whirlwind, and the hiss and crackle of wood is heard, sour, tinged by a snarl. It warps and ripples, a tear forming, and out pour the jaws of a wolf and the scales of a snake.” – A Guardian
Inspired by tales told in front of bonfires, this focuses on bones and what we do with them.
Inside you’ll find:
- Trinkets that serve as strange luck charms.
- Bones adapted to armor and weaponry.
- “Gargantuan Dryads” that trade limb for limb and “Snake-Wolves” that come from beyond the stars.
- “Snake-Wolf Cycling” that summon a host of snake-wolves and harness their strange power.
- A bone truncheon forged from the ashes of a successful ritual.
- Snake-Wolf Lycanthrophy.
- Scorched Bone Tea that communicates with ghosts.
- The Council of the Snake-Wolf.
- A deep space commune-nest giving their own Canticles and divine favors.
- The “Curse of the Cosmic Wasting” used for those that run from duty.
- As well as a carousing and rumor table.
Phantasmagoria #1 – B&W Edition
An affordable introduction to the Phantasmagoria line of zines!
Five new classes, new equipment, and new 0-level occupations to take your DCC game into space.
Explore the ruins of lost alien civilizations, or sail through space in a massive freighter, weighed down with all manners of gold, jewels, and relics. Play as a Jovian, a lithe yet strong alien native to a gas giant, a Captain, a brilliant tactician and duelist, or a Gremlin, an alien skilled with magic and technology. Build any type of ship from a tiny fighter to a massive dreadnaught, bristling with cannons. This issue of Phantasmagoria introduces five new classes, new pieces of equipment and 0-level occupations, and rules for creating custom spaceships.
A staple-bound booklet with black and white cover and content.