Tales from the Smoking Wyrm issue 2 returns with more cool articles!
Tales from the Smoking Wyrm, a DCC fanzine, returns with a second issue of hand-crafted articles, comics, and puzzles for DCC fans of all ages!
The Wyrm is big fan of gaming zines of all stripes, and we hope to bring you the same high-quality content for a DCC audience! Our first issue contains 8 features, usable by players and judges alike!
- King of Beasts as Patron—Bonding with the wild side gives you distinct advantages!
- Dwarven Jäger—A subclass of dwarf with a very useful skillset.
- Ritual Magic, Part II—A close-up look at three rituals aimed at those of religious bent. Want to know why unholy creatures burst into flames when they cross the threshold into holy ground—this will tell you, along with other mysteries. Includes rules for Pious Deed die.
- Culpepper’s Herbal—More herbs for your game. We continue building out an herbal catalog that all adventurers can take advantage of, even in the darkest of times.
- The Shoggoth—A classic monster from deep in our adventuring subconscious finally flexes its full muscles! Also includes a Find Familiar spell for Cthulhu cultists to gain Shoggoth familiars!
- Wyrm Words—A word find puzzle of all the Gygaxian words in the second issue—this way, a definition is never in doubt!
- Onward Retainer—Starring the Legion—The second installment of an adventuring comic in the old school style
This is the limited-edition version of issue 2, with each issue being hand-numbered X out of 225. Once all 225 copies are sold, this edition will not come again!
Featuring Cordwain cover stock identical in texture to the original D&D boxed set pamphlets and archival-quality interior Mohawk smooth paper stock, this zine is meant to last for a long time!
This limited edition is printed with environmentally friendly black and teal gold inks throughout, which allows us to create eye-popping tables and artwork in a two-tone format unlike any other zine on the market for DCC! This issue comes saddle-stitched with enameled glossy black staples to prevent rust damage. Issue 2 features a gatefold spread to allow the Cullpepper’s Herbal section to really lay nicely on the page. Further, the book features real Latin Anathema to protect against theft, or risk the punishment of higher beings. As Todd Bunn of Gateway Games & More says, “This is the fanciest fanzine ever!”
Published by: Blind Visionary Publications
Written by: B. Gilkison, J. Okszewski, J. Harmon, J. Phillips, and T. Stamper
Art by: J. Phillips, B. Maikisch, C.Vance, C. Stamper, and T. Stamper