Mike Moore and friends are back on kickstarter with another issue of Chthonic Crawl, a slick third party zine fully compatible with DCC! Chthonic Crawl 2: Merchants and Monsters, has already zoomed well beyond it’s funding goal, and here’s your chance to take it even further!
This issue of Chthonic Crawl is a 44 page, saddle stitched, B&W, 5.5” x 8.5” zine with a full color cover compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics and other OSR-style systems. In fact, the merchants are system agnostic. The monsters could be used for inspiration (even in games like 5e or Pathfinder etc.) if you’re comfortable with converting stat blocks, plus you’ll get an awesome B&W drawing of each monster that you can use as a hand-out at your table or VTT.
- 10 Merchants. Each one with a full page illustration, background, Roleplaying tips and system agnostic plot hook.
- 10 unique, powerful, extraordinary monsters. Like the merchants, each one will come with a one page illustration, background, possible plot hook and how you might want to roleplay them.
- Each entry (merchants or monsters) will be featured in one spread so that Judges won’t have to flip pages when using these NPCs in their game. For people getting the PDF, you’ll get both one page and two page spread copies.
- Each page was lovingly edited by Sally Cripe.
- You’ll receive PNG files of each merchant AND monster (the illustrations found in the book) that can be used as handouts etc. with every PDF or higher backing, which will be fulfilled through Drive-Thru RPG.
So what are you waiting for? Crawl on over to Kickstarter for the latest issue of Chthonic Crawl!
This campaign is a part of ZineQuest 5, Kickstarter’s program to help out small, independent publishers and give them some extra attention. And if you are an independent publisher, this is a great chance to be a part of this drive to power old-school tabletop RPGs! Head on over to Kickstarter to get the details!