DCC Days Online is June 11-14! There are nearly 200 events on the schedule already, and more getting added every day. Event registration will go live at 10:00 AM EST on Monday, June 1. You can already browse the event catalogue to start planning what game you want to play. With so many great events listed, how do you know where to start? Well, here are a couple amazing games we would like to highlight for you!
DCC Tournament: The Greatest Thieves in Lankhmar
First run as our official DCC team tournament at Gen Con 2019, The Greatest Thieves in Lankhmar is now in production as a deluxe boxed set thanks to the recent successful Kickstarter. Now you can play in the tournament! This will be a three-round tournament conducted according to the official tournament rules. You can see the results from the original Gen Con run on our Tournaments page. Winners of the DCC Days Online edition will have their names put on a plaque on the Gong of Doom, just like our Gen Con winners, and will also receive official winners’ patches!
- Event #128 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #129 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #130 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #131 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #132 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #133 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
- Event #134 – Greatest Thieves of Lankhmar Tournament – Round 1
Premiere RPG Events
The Goodman Games design team is running a wide selection of events! These are listed as Premiere RPG events:
Michael Curtis – Shudder Mountain! Explore the hills and hollers of the Shudder Mountains under the guidance of the setting’s own creator, Judge Michael Curtis.
- Event #154 – Shudder Mountain Sandbox
- Event #155 – Shudder Mountain Sandbox
- Event #156 – Shudder Mountain Sandbox
- Event #157 – Shudder Mountain Sandbox
- Event #158 – Shudder Mountain Sandbox
Stephen Newton – The Corpse that Love Built! This level 2 adventure is a story of Gothic horror which pits the characters against monstrosities created by an ancient madman. Will the characters be able to survive the macabre horrors found in the laboratories that spawned The Corpse that Love Built? Spiritual sequel to 2015’s They Served Brandolyn Red.
Julian Bernick – Expedition to Algol! First level PCs find themselves transported to the distant double-sunned planet of Algol, where they must brave the forbidden Hall of Tests to discover the secrets of the humans who once ruled there– and to have any chance of returning home! This is the adventure that will appear in the DCC Day 2020 Adventure Pack – so come and play it online before you get it for free in stores on DCC Day!
Brendan LaSalle – Brendan is running many events as usual, but the one we’d like to call your attention to is his game of Dinosaur Crawl Classics! Many of you read Marc Bruner’s adaptation of Dinosaur Crawl Classics in our 2017 Program Guide. You can even read Marc Bruner’s design notes in this previous article. Brendan is diving in deep, and now is your chance to join him! In addition, those of you interested in playing Xcrawl Classics might be interested in Brendan’s Memphis XX game!
Bob Brinkman – One of our most entertaining judges, Bob will be running two sessions of the DCC Lankhmar adventure he authored: Blasphemy & Larceny in Lankhmar!
Adventure Designer Prisoner Exchange
Have you ever wanted to see Brendan LaSalle run a Harley Stroh adventure module? Well, now you can! In our Adventure Designer Prisoner Exchange, noted designers will be running their favorite adventures written by other designers! Look for these adventures on the lineup:
- Brendan LaSalle running Harley Stroh’s adventure Colossus Arise! (Event #204)
- Stephen Newton running Julian Bernick’s adventure Home for the Holideath (Event #97)
- Julian Bernick running Stephen Newton’s adventure Creep, Skrag, Creep! (Event #104)
- Jonathan Snodgrass (designer of Star Crawl among other things) will be running Michael Curtis’ The Croaking Fane, adapted for space (Event #143).
Playtests of DCC Dying Earth
A number of Goodman Games designers will be running playtests of their DCC Dying Earth adventures. This is a great chance to check out the details of the upcoming release from Goodman Games. You can find these by showing the “Game System” column under the Schedule of Events, and looking for DCC Dying Earth.
Here is a selection:
- Event #69 – The Sorcerer’s Tower of Sanguine Slant
- Event #70 – The Sorcerer’s Tower of Sanguine Slant
- Event #140 – The Great Visp Hunt
- Event #141 – The Laughing Idol
Playtests of DCC Empire of the East
Judge Jen Brinkman will be running sessions of The Demon Key, the Harley Stroh adventure set in the world of Fred Saberhagen’s Empire of the East. This adventure is to be published as part of our current live Kickstarter, DCC Empire of the East.
Become a Third-Party Publisher
Learn all about how to publish DCC or MCC sourcebooks and adventures from some of the experienced veterans! Start by reviewing this information from our web site then look for seminar #94 where you can learn even more! Join moderator Laura Pirkola Williams with assistance by Stephen Newton, and hear from panelists Jon Marr, Jonathan Snodgrass, Stephen Newton, Nick Baran, Rev Dak J. Ultimak, Jon Wilson, Mike Evans, Trevor Stamper, and David Baity!
Play in a Third-Party DCC Setting
We have added a filter for DCC Sub-System so you can filter to games related to your favorite third-party publishers! Look for games on Dark Trails, Hubris, Umerica, Star Crawl and others!
- Event #33 – Death Crawls West (Dark Trails)
- Event #36 – The Demon Hills (Dark Trails)
- Event #58 – The Mall Maul (Umerica)
- Event #61 – In Her Realm (Hubris)
- Event #64 – Orcs! A High-Octane Adventure (Hubris)
- Event #81 – The Lords of Bogtown (Hubris)
- Event #142 – Electric Friends (Star Crawl)
- Event #188 – For a Few Skulls More … (Dark Trails)
Many designers are running playtests for their DCC Days Online sessions. This is a chance for you to give feedback on an adventure and potentially receive playtest credit in print! You can find these by filtering under the category “Playtest for Publication Adventure” in the event listings. Here are a few highlights:
- Event #34 – Nest of Snakes (Dark Trails)
- Event #144 – What Lurks Between (DCC)
- Event #163 – The Lights Go Down On Durango (Dark Trails)
- Event #190 – Seekers ov the Other Worlds (DCC)
DCC College and Other Seminars
The ever-popular DCC College seminar will be returning for DCC Days Online! This will be scheduled for Friday evening, so look for it to appear in the events catalogue soon! Judge Jen will moderate a hand-picked panel of experienced DCC judges who will help you advance your judging skill set and you’ll hear tips and suggestions on how to be a better judge! Also make sure to look for the Umerica 101 seminar, where Reid San Filippo will introduce you to one of the best-selling DCC third-party settings.
New Monster Fumble Tables
Judge Marzio made a wave with DCC #99: The Star Wound of Abaddon, his award-winning DCC adventure. He’ll be running sessions at DCC Days Online that also utilize the new monster fumble tables he’s written, which are slated for inclusion in a future Goodman Games project! Try them out in his events listed below.