Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Results added to the update, feel free to take this turn's actions!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 am
Posts: 94
Location: Southern Indiana
FLGS: Game Knight
Lucky Lou:
*Grunting and straining* Kicks at Wheezy. "Help me lazy bones"
Sunny Jim:
*strokes his bear* Takes a closer look at the masonry where the chains attach and attempts to help Lou break the chain free .
"Wheezy" Smith:
*cough* "You overestimate your own strength you great beast" but he adds his hands to the attempt *cough*
Bob (the not so mighty):
*rolls his eyes* "How do you all expect me to work a miracle in the dark while you keep yanking the chain?" as he continues to work the lock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Bob can roll for picking locks, d20-2 now that people are starting to move the chain around vigorously.

Anyone attempting to help pull the chain out of the wall can roll a d20 for strength. I'll do the mechanics on that based on who is helping and what others are doing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
thelonious
Attempts to slip his bonds and rolls a 2.
Duke
Orders her team to stop struggling and let one if the others go for the key. With her 16 personality the other 4 comply.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:32 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 am
Posts: 94
Location: Southern Indiana
FLGS: Game Knight
Lucky Lou:
Rolls 2
Sunny Jim:
Rolls 11
"Wheezy" Smith:
Rolls 4 *cough*, *cough*
Bob (the not so mighty):
Rolls 17 (-2)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:50 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
Nurzual: As it seems that collaboration strains our patience so intolerably, I recommend we try using one of these weapons as a lever in our attempt to break loose from the wall.

Qort: Right -- screw collarboning and let's use the axes to chop ourselves loose!

Nurzual: No, I mean ...


Being familiar with levers (shoehorn), Brandybland tries to reach a weapon that appears both long and sturdy. For instance, an axe or spear that could go through one of the wall rings.

Jingles: Yeah! If we loop some of the chain around the top, we can all throw our weight on it and it ought to pop right out.

Snooth rolls a 17 in lending his strength to the effort to pull the fixtures from the wall.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Stinky Pete continues to strain against a chain that's being manipulated by other people, Kelven kicking him occasionally to spur him on. Maybe if other efforts subside, he'll suddenly be successful...?

Lucius keeps an interested eye on the attempts to pry the chain away from the wall, and glances out to the fake weapons to see if there is one in his reach with which he might help.

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 2


Bob the Not so Mighty manages to pick the locks restraining him, and is free. The key hangs from the middle of the room. You can see the outline of a door along the northern wall. The room is dimly lit as the torch sputters against the sand; you wonder how long you have until the light goes out.

These are the fake weapons you're able to spot on the floor:
Wooden Axe,
Wooden Spear x 5,
Wooden Long Sword x3,
Wooden Dagger,
A Wooden staff pained silver, with a spout at the top.

Go ahead and take what you need from that.

Thelonious is still stuck, having been unable to slip his bonds.

Duke and her team stand disciplined while the others continue to struggle.

Between Snooth and Sunny Jim, the ring attaching your chain to the wall bends inwards. Its wall anchor must have moved slightly.

You hear a sudden roar from the crowd You can only imagine the unspeakable brutality happening in the arena right now. Death awaits you.


Stinky Pete needs a roll (for this turn) to see if he was able to help with the chain.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:47 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:50 am
Posts: 94
Location: Southern Indiana
FLGS: Game Knight
Lucky Lou:
Sighs at his inability to pull the chains out and waits to be unlocked. Once he's free he will grab a wooden axe (the better to bludgeon you with).
Sunny Jim:
So much for all that talk of "leverage" in pirate movies. Once he's free he will grab a wooden spear.
"Wheezy" Smith:
*cough* told you so *cough*. Once he's free he will grab a wooden spear.
Bob (the not so mighty):
Goes for the key so he can begin unlocking the others (hope that's what the key is for) - unlocking in order of posts. If he can kick any weapons closer to the chained PCs while doing this so much the better.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
If Brandybland has been able to reach the axe or a spear, she will slide the haft through the weakened ring holding the chain to the wall and loop her chain around the top of the weapon per Jingles' suggestion.

Brandybland (to Snooth and Sunny Jim): Here, guys, grab hold of the chain right here and let's all put our weight into it!

Snooth follows her lead. He rolls an 11 and Brandybland rolls a 19 on the strength check. Jingles joins them, rolling 17.

Qort: I thought we were s'posed to be chopping at the chains.


Nurzual (to Bob TNSM): Now, have a care when you try to turn that key ... it looks a bit fragile!

Nurzual rolls a 10+1=11 on a skill check to use his jeweler's eye to spot any specific weaknesses in the key that he can use to advise Bob in more detail.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
soulcatcher78 wrote:
Bob (the not so mighty):
Goes for the key so he can begin unlocking the others (hope that's what the key is for) - unlocking in order of posts. If he can kick any weapons closer to the chained PCs while doing this so much the better.


Can you clarify what your unlock order is? I don't understand.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 am 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
I didn't get actions from everyone, so I'll wait until tonight to process everyone's actions. If people start consistently not acting I'll have to skip their turns so everyone else can play. I want to be fair to everyone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
TerraGoetia wrote:
Stinky Pete needs a roll (for this turn) to see if he was able to help with the chain.

I rolled a d20 (hope that's what you were looking for) and got a whopping 5... :roll:

[sorry, it was a very busy Sunday]

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
GnomeBoy wrote:
[sorry, it was a very busy Sunday]


Not mad at all, just not sure if it's fair-er to wait for busy people or skip over them so those here can play. If anyone has a preference please let me know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 3
With the advice from the locksmith, Bob the Not So Mighty is able to double the uses he would have normally. You're able to get SIX uses out of the key before it snaps. As far as the remaining locked party members, I'm loathe to watch Bob do a minimum of 12 lockpicking checks; you can automatically pick anyone's lock for the cost of 10 minutes (one in-game turn). With the party's agreement, we can time-skip to everyone being free.

Please let me know what you want to do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
TerraGoetia wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:
[sorry, it was a very busy Sunday]


Not mad at all, just not sure if it's fair-er to wait for busy people or skip over them so those here can play. If anyone has a preference please let me know.


No worries -- I didn't take it as being mad, just wanted to 'splain myse'f.

I think when I ran a play-by-post here, I just figured on making one "move" per day, and would do more if I had replies. In other words whatever came up, people had about 24 hours to respond or we'd move on without their input. And I think I counted weekends as one day, in that schema.

There were things I sort of summarized, too -- so it depends on how granular you want to go with any given obstacle.

/2¢

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
I'm just happy to be playing, so I'll go with consensus on whether to skip people or wait. I do hesitate to wait more than one day, though, if there's a prolonged absence. It might get easy to lose momentum that way.

I'm fine fast-forwarding to everyone being unlocked, but Nurzual would suggest some of the unlocked folks examine the door and keep an ear out for anyone approaching.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
I haven't done play by post before (I've done either online through chat programs or in person), so I'm open to lots of feedback; it'll help me do better, seriously.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Sorry for the delay on replying - I'm good with being skipped, punished, or whatever the Judge feels is best for going 24 hours without a reply. I'll try to be more prompt.

Duke Makes eyes at the holder of the key and suggests that if she is unlocked it will be worth his while.

Thelonious, Leibgott, Blackthorn, and Ketteringstare at her incredulously and begin trying to use the fake weapons they obtained as leavers to attempt to break free of their bonds.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:20 am 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Also will be fine with time skipping the lock pick checks if all others are in agreement.

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 3505
Location: Left Coast, USA
FLGS: Bizarro World
Time skipping is fine by me.

Stinky Pete will dole out portions of his three-days worth of rations to everybody while we wait for that process to be complete, so we all at least have some fortification for whatever comes next....

_________________
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 4
With deft lock picking, Bob frees the remaining captives. The torch on the floor flickers as the party's movements swirl the sand. Against the north wall is a wooden door with a simple handle--no lock and no latch. The door is attached to the wall by leather strips--you wonder why there are not metal hinges.

After the prolonged effort of several party members, the manacle chain releases from the wall. Leverage and good-old-fashioned effort are enough to pop both anchors.

As Duke flirts for favors and Stinky Pete doles out rations, listening party members are able to hear the sound of a roaring, rowdy crowd. You also hear what sounds like distressed mooing.


What will the party do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
Wild-Eyed Zealot
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 am
Posts: 108
FLGS: Y2Komics, GenerationX, Geek Out
Duke "better to die fighting in the sunlight than groveling in the dark" she swings the door open and stand behind it. Liebgottt and Duke charge out to face whatever danger lurks outside. Thelonious grabs a spear and follows the others out. Blackthorn, less than impressed with Duke's "leadership," hangs back near the door facing to see what dangers are lurking without before commiting to attack.

(Unless, of course, the door doesn't open in which case they all just stand their laughing at Duke like idiots)

_________________
PbP Purple Planeteers

Duke - Wizard C Trapper
S12(11) A9 S9 P16(2) I17(2) L14(1) AC 10 HP 4 Mov 30
Init 0 Ref +1 Fort 0 Will +3 SP +3 crit 1d6/I +1 Spell Dam
{Enlarge (93) — Sleep (66&81) — Color Spray (90)}
{Patron Bond (32-sun) — Invoke Patron (70) — Find Familiar (25)}
{Chill Touch (69&86) — Lang: PC (beg) dragon, hobgoblin, chaos}
Glad chain mail (+/-4) (not worn) Torch, Flint and Steel, 25cp

Blackthorn - Thief N Hunter
S9 A13 S11 P7(1) I16(2) L9 AC 11 HP 7 Mov 25 Init +1
Ref +2 Fort +1 Will -1 Crit 1d10/II Luck Die D3
{Backstab 0 Sneak 4 Hide 2 Pick Pockets 4}
{Climb 4 Pick Locks 2 Find Traps 3 Disable Traps 2 Forge 4}
{Disguise -1 Read Lang 2 Handle Poison 0 Spell/Scroll D12+2}
Lang: Neutral, cant, halfling
Glad scale mail (+/-3) (not worn) Glad 2H Sword (1d10)
Backpack, Flask, Badger Pelt, Skin Cloak, 20sp, 65 cp

Kettering (RIP) skewered on a Kith Spear
Leibgott (RIP) Asphyxiated on his own blood
Thelonious (RIP) - Kith spear through his tiny halfling heart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 233
Nurzual says: Let's bring the length of chain in case we find a use for it. You there, with the backpack ... help me gather it up and we'll put it in there for you to carry.

Snooth agrees and, taking care not to crush his sheaf of parchment, tries to fit the loose chain in his backpack.

By my count, there are still quite a few wooden weapons in the sand. Jingles will pick up a longsword. Qort will take a spear. Brandybland takes the wooden dagger.

_________________
Purple Planeteers:

Jingles Coinclink, Halfling, hag-hacked into haggis

Nurzual the Faceter – M Jwlr - Wiz - L
S 12 A 8 (-1) S 9 P 11 I 15 (+1) L 10
AC 9 HP 6 Mv 30 Init -1 Ref 0 Fort 0 Will 1
Chalk 1pc, 20 gp Gem, Backpack, 10’ chain, 10 sheets parchment, Kith pouch, small hammer, ray-gun, Rope 50', 5gp 10sp 274 cp
shortsword +0(1d6)
Ch Psn (no MM), Clr Spr 65, Force Manip 81, Rd Mag 12, Spidr Cl 69
Pl.Common (basic)

Snooth Inksplot Scribe RIP under cave-in, a crushing loss

Qort Quiddlegit M Hlr - Cler - N(C?)
S 11 temp 14 (+1) A 11 temp 14 (+1) S 6 (-1) P 5 (-2) I 6 (-1) L 5 (-2)
AC 10 temp 11 HP 8 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref t+1 Fort 0 Will -1
club +0 (1d4+1t) - hand mirror, holy wtr, wtrskin Kith drink 12 oz drunk, 31 cp
-2 Ms fire damage
Det Magic

Brandybland Shoetree F Coblr N
S 10 A 9 S 10 P 8 (-1) I 9 L 9
AC 14 HP 1 Mov 30 Init 0 Ref 0 Fort 0; Will -1
gldtr glaive +0 (1d10) - gldtr ch mail - Fe spike, shoehorn, 48 cp
Prof: dagger


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Maryland
FLGS: Games and Stuff (Glen Burnie)
Update 5

As Leibgott, Thelonious, and Duke charge through the door, they find themselves in a short hallway, about 40 feet long and wide enough for two people. At the end of the hall is a circular room, roughly 30 feet in diameter; a depression in the floor allows blood and water to flow down a large drain. From the circular room, there are exits to the left (west) and right (east). From your current position, you cannot see where they lead. Due north is a ramp leading up to an archway. The eerie light of the eclipsed sun glows through the archway, and the sounds of combat roar. The only light sources are the torch on the floor behind you, and the archway ahead.

In the circular room, a large, hunched humanoid (6 feet tall while bent forward) is attempting to lead the cow towards the ramp. The creature is covered in scars, and its facial features remind you of a bear. The creature wears leather scraps sewn together, and is wielding a flint spear. He catches sight of the heroes as they charge into the hall; his spear comes ready as the Kith moves in front of the cow. He shouts a war cry and prepares to fight!


Kith Tanner rolls a 22 initiative.
Each player should roll one initiative check with your highest modifier among your characters. Anyone who doesn't roll will be assigned an initiative of 1.

Here is how we'll streamline fighting:
Everyone rolls Init.
I ask each person in order what they will do, and process it.
When done, we move to the next combat round.

You won't have to wait a full day for combat updates, as long as everyone is paying attention!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group