The *New* Forum Begs A Moment From You...

Read This Important Announcement!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

The *New* Forum Begs A Moment From You...

Post by GnomeBoy »

The Dark Master has decreed that the forums be refreshed, rejuvenated, and regenerated... We flying monkeys have no choice but to comply!

New sections have appeared! Older subjects have been demoted! Topics have been properly organized as called for in the basalt-carved edicts of Sezrekan the Forty-First! Ground dragons' tooth has been sprinkled over all...

But YOU are whom we serve with these forums... If your favorite topic is unfeatured, if your chilblains cry out for additions, subtractions, multiplications, or divisions, then you can COMMAND US!

Simply speak your comments and suggestions here, O Soothsayers, and we shall consult the stars and tea leaves. If portents align, so mote it be.

You have until the midnight chimes on February 29 to render unto us your opinion! After that we’ll twist the lock on these forums in this wondrous, new configuration!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
rytrasmi
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Meeplemart

Re: The *New* Forum Begs A Moment From You...

Post by rytrasmi »

Hey! It's looking good. I like that the main page seems to hold more current threads.

A suggestion, in word: "ads".

Have I been vaporized? Do I still live?

Actually, it would be great if the forums had a more in-your-face way of showing off new Goodman and 3PP creations. Think of the back few pages of the big DDC rules book. Even just a banner ad for a rotation of new GG and 3PP products. It would help acolytes like me discover new things.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

rytrasmi wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:40 pm Hey! It's looking good. I like that the main page seems to hold more current threads.

A suggestion, in word: "ads".
Shut your dirty whore mouth....
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Personally, I'd throw Characters and Magic and Spells under Rules discussion, particularly since character "builds" are...uhhh...not really a focus of DCC.

Because I would think that you'd want GFA and Lankhmar in the top tier at the very least. MCC, too. Perhaps

The thing about forums is it is really easy to ignore an entire thread. So throwing a bunch of related things into one heading isn't necessarily a bad thing, depending on how much traffic any one of those subjects gets.

Oh..Convention coverage under DCC RPG Community.

<.02/>
JoanofArc
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Secret Door Games

Post by JoanofArc »

Looking good IMHO. I haven't used this forum like I should be. I think with this change in the site, I may change my frequency of visits.
BernieTheFlumph
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BernieTheFlumph »

I kind of miss the Goodman Games "Beige" color scheme, but the new forms are looking pretty sweet!
-Josh Burnett-
Bernie the Flumph
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

I can not think of anything at this time, but I do think it is not the best policy to put a deadline on new suggestions because you never know how long it takes for something to simmer in the back of your mind before you come up with a suggestion that is helpful or good to help better organize the forum or allow for clearer sections of subject discussion.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Thanks for the comments so far, everyone!
BanjoJohn wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:13 am ...I do think it is not the best policy to put a deadline on new suggestions because you never know how long it takes for something to simmer in the back of your mind before you come up with a suggestion that is helpful or good...
On the other hand, we all know there are folks that don't get around to things unless you build a fire under them! Deadlines get things done -- and it's not as if we're going to ignore suggestions that come in after the deadline... But having as many voices' input as possible at that point would be most helpful from a "how do all the suggestions fit together?" perspective, i.e., one big project vs. dribs and drabs. Hope that makes sense.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

How about an annual "improve the forums"-a-thon.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

With the forums cleanup, maybe some spring cleaning with the moderator crew as well?

Just the plainly MIA ones, mind you. Some haven’t even logged in since 2009...
rredmond
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rredmond »

BernieTheFlumph wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:29 pm I kind of miss the Goodman Games "Beige" color scheme, but the new forms are looking pretty sweet!
Sometimes there's the ability to change your board style in the User Control Panel. I took a quick peek and don't see that option, but maybe it's there and I missed it, or maybe it could be added?

Return to “---> CHECK THIS OUT NOW <----”