A level 15 adventure for 5E
Goodman Games is proud to announce the re-release of one of its most cherished – Dungeon Crawl Classics: The Crypt of the Devil Lich! Updated and converted for 5E, the dreaded Tomb of Horrors inspired this classic deathtrap dungeon!
The heroes are sent into the Devil Lich’s crypt to destroy her before she can return to power, as foreseen in a prophecy. However, the unknowing heroes have actually been tricked into entering her crypt to free her from her prison. If they are truly heroes, they will uncover the deception and defeat the evil Devil Lich before she can unleash her dark designs on the surface world.
This adventure module is a fifth edition conversion of the classic dungeon module DCC #13: The Crypt of the Devil Lich, originally published in 2004 by Goodman Games. The Crypt of the Devil Lich was truly a unique design, an homage as the classic meatgrinder-style trap-filled dungeons popular in the late ’70s and early ’80s.
The adventure is designed for a group of four to six 15th-level characters. The original adventure was designed for the 2004 1st Annual GenCon Dungeon Crawl Classics Team Tournament, a tradition that continues today. With some effort on the GMs part, the adventure can be used for campaign play.
- All-new cover art by Sanjulian!
- A detailed introduction chapter including notes on how to adjust the adventure for higher or lower levels, using it during campaign play, notes on how to run the adventure as a team tournament, and the devilish backstory of the Devil Lich and her dark machinations.
- All new interior artwork and cartography
- Dozens of player handouts, in the tradition of the classic modules Tomb of Horrors and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.
- Six fully developed pre-generated Player Characters based on the original tournament player characters.
- The original team tournament scoring system.
Rules Set: DCC RPG
Writer: Chris Doyle
Cover Art: Sanjulian