Good place for a playtest in Atlanta?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Good place for a playtest in Atlanta?

Post by goodmangames »

I will be in Atlanta in mid-June (for reasons unrelated to DCC RPG), and will try to squeeze in a playtest if I can find the time and place. Any recommendations on a good game store near some folks who might be interested?

I grew up in Atlanta but all my favorite stores are long gone - Sword of the Phoenix and The War Room have long passed!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
brayabbitt
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Good place for a playtest in Atlanta?

Post by brayabbitt »

Hello Joseph.
I'm Billie...longtime lurker. I do not have a good game store to suggest...the lack of one comes up regularly in gaming conversations. However, I could get a good group of gamers together (including a few guys that have regularly contributed to Wizards and Paizo).

There are (or at least were) some gaming Meetups which were pretty popular. Typically, there was at least one event a week between the various groups. Let me know if you are interested and when you expect to be in town and I'll see what I can pull together or what is already happening.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Bummer about the lack of a good store. That was my impression every time I come back to visit, although I always figured I was just not up to date on the latest cool stores that had opened.

As for a group of players, please put out feelers and let me know if there are any meetup groups I should post to. I will be around the weekend of Father's Day and could probably run a game the evening of Monday, June 20 if there is sufficient "critical mass."
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bwatford
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bwatford »

I have a regular group of 9 players that play 3.5 once weekly here in Birmingham, AL (2 Hours from Atlanta), If you would like just tell me how many players you want, date and time and I will get them their.

Looking forward to the DCCRPG
brayabbitt
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by brayabbitt »

Approximately how many people do you consider "critical mass?" Getting a gaming group together will be easy enough...but if you want a larger vehicle for promotion...I can do some digging.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I was just thinking of running one game during one of my free evenings there, so somewhere around 6-8 people for the game would be fine. Steve from Troll Lord ran a C&C game for 18 players at Gary Con (!!!) but I don't think I'll compete with him there...he can have those bragging rights. I don't know how he did it!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bwatford
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bwatford »

Well just give me a date, time and a place and how many slots for players I get and I will definitely be there with a group.
brayabbitt
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by brayabbitt »

Well I got a place lined up and five players committed so far. I expect we will have more than enough people with the emails currently out just from the people I game/gamed with.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Wow! OK, guys, slow down, I don't want to have to turn anyone away! But thanks for the super-fast response!

I will be able to run a game the evening of Monday, June 20. Probably from approximately 6:00 to 10:00 that night. We can fine-tune the details as it gets closer.

Please ask interested parties to shoot me a note at joseph@goodman-games.com, including where in Atlanta they live. I will try to find a location that accommodates people's drive time (though no promises - Atlanta is huge!).

It sounds like we'll have a game. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG General”