Thirteenth session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Thirteenth session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

13th session…Rager player is unavailable.

The bad guys decided to decline the Rager’s generous offer of slaughter this time. Well, at least not in the way he asked for it. They threw two burning clay oil pots up the stairs, setting the bed blockade on fire. The PCs quickly flipped the bed upright and pushed it down the stairs. The bed got stuck halfway down. The Knight decides to see if they can get out the window but sees an archer waiting on the forward edge of the forest for just such an escape attempt. He fires his bow (with light cantrip on the arrow) and manages to strike the lone bowman. They return fire. The Mystic also takes a look out the window and sees several more archers now awash in the light. He quickly focuses his mental energies and levels a telekinetic bolt into one archer while the Knight unleashes another arrow into the downed archer. Again they respond in kind though the lighthouse one runs off into the forest thus dowsing the light (out of LOS). The PCs decide to step back and discuss strategy.

At this point, the PCs hear the sound of arrows striking wood further down the hall. The Rager stays just inside the hall at the top of the stairs. The Knight keeps his bow ready while the Mystic opens each room. They find that one room to the left has a light source lodged in the outside of the window (Read fire arrows). They continue to check the other rooms. As the Mystic turns from checking the last room on the right, a short sword comes stabbing out at him from inside the room (Scrutiny check lost against a much higher stealth roll). He quickly turns and gives battle while the Knight heals him. The door across the hall opens and a chain mail wearing man wielding a long sword and shield charges out and stabs the Mystic who in turn quickly dispatches his other assailant. After a round or two, the swordsman backs into the room he came from. The Mystic wades in after him and notices right away that another man is in the room. He finishes off the swordsman and then fights and kills the other man.

At the other end of the hall, another chain mail wearing individual steps around the corner and gives battle to the Rager (the same time as the swordsman attacks)…Great ax to Great ax. The Knight turns from the swordsman as he backs into the room and charges to the aid of the Rager who is currently facing Mr. Ax and his two buddies. As he moves, the Rager drops Mr. Ax. The two buddies think about leaving but a third man joins them so they decide to take the Rager out. They all strike him and he starts to go down but the Knight arrives in time to heal him and bring him back up. The PCs quickly kill one of them. This convinces the remaining two to bug out. Unfortunately for them, they don’t make it.

The PCs gather the children and move out to the lawn and then to the winery. They keep an eye out for further men while they contain the fire to the farmhouse.

Game ends here since it was getting close to time up. No new questions came up and all had a good time (I believe! :) ).
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Thirteenth session experience....

Post by dancross »

Keeping the children safe I see! A good scenario to keep the holiday spirit, complete with blood and death. :lol:
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:Keeping the children safe I see! A good scenario to keep the holiday spirit, complete with blood and death. :lol:
Real cozy if you think about it. Nice fire (burning house), Kids gathered 'round (huddled together in fear and exhaustion), praise to the gods (well, at least the Rager who follows a battle goddess) & some alcohol to make it all better (Winery!).... :lol: :lol:
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Forgot to note: No game this past weekend.

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

not surprised...happy holidays!
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

And to you. I am guessing that it will be a no this coming weekend as well.

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Again...No game due to holiday schedule conflicts :cry: ...Hope to be back this coming weekend! :)

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:Again...No game due to holiday schedule conflicts :cry: ...Hope to be back this coming weekend! :)
Bah! What about priorities? :lol:
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:
StormPatriarch wrote:Again...No game due to holiday schedule conflicts :cry: ...Hope to be back this coming weekend! :)
Bah! What about priorities? :lol:
Apparently, there are none to be found.... :lol:

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”