Eleventh session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Eleventh session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

Eleventh session: Oh Yeah! Paladin/Ranger (Or should I say Rager?) not present.

Slow start. PCs decide to follow up on some paperwork leads to the south of town. They investigate 4 farms:

- One is being worked by the previous owner who fell into deep debt to the Headman who proceeded to foreclose and then rent the property back to him at a high rate.
- Next is owned by head of a large farming “clan”. He used to own the following 2 farms as well. He gave them to his 2 eldest sons. They were caught in a field fire and died. They had no wills (at least none were ever produced) so the town seized the land. The head of the clan believes they should have reverted to him since it was his land and his son’s that owned them. The PCs tell him that the goblins have been destroyed. He asks if they found Toasem’s daughter (The other big farming clan is headed by this man). The PCs admit that they did not find her. He tells them it’s a shame and that Toasem has been acting erratic since her loss.
- Eldest son’s farm. Being worked poorly by a very ill tempered man who demanded that they leave. PCs decided to comply for once.
- 2nd eldest son’s farm. Being worked by to young and inexperienced youths. They are being “overseen” by a lazy man on the porch. He is nice and relaxed (Damned tipsy?). He is converting the dairy heavy farm towards more grain production.

At this point, they decide to check up on Toasem. When they arrive, the farm looks deserted. A wagon is pulled up in front of the house w/no horses and the barn door is open. They glance into the barn but approach the house. They see that the wagon does have what is left of a harness attached to it and a lot of old blood which the paladin/knight believes is from a horse. They also see that the front door is gone and some damage has been done to the doorframe as well. They cautiously enter to find the entire first floor smashed up. When they reach the 2nd floor, they find the damage has stopped. Except for a few scattered blood splatters, no real damage is apparent. They also notice that the beds are made. The PCs then decide to check out the barn.

They enter the barn and look into the first stall. A half eaten cow is lying on the floor. Flies and maggots are on it. They move a little further when a roar echoes out from further in. They quickly form up as a Troll comes lumbering out of the stall 2 doors down. The paladin/knight has his bow drawn. The mystic warrior and the paladin/ranger quickly close the distance and start dishing out the damage. The mystic warrior takes the brunt of the brute’s wrath. After several bruising rounds, 3 human archers start shooting the PCs from the loft above the fight. The mystic warrior almost goes down but manages to bring the troll down instead. The PCs quickly run under the loft edge looking for a ladder. Unfortunately, They find the remains of one and no other way of getting up. At this point it’s a stand off since whoever pokes their head out first is going to catch an arrow. The PCs pump up the Paladin/knight and he steps out to trade arrows w/the enemy. As they return fire, the mystic warrior steps out and uses his mind blast spell to damage one of them. After 2 rounds or so one of the archers is down. The PCs retreat and pump again. The cycle begins again but this tome the enemy archer retreats before dying. The PCs then decide to set fire to the loft and smoke out the archers. The enemy sees this and exits through a secret door in the side of the barn roof area. After 3 rounds, the PCs realize they don’t hear coughing so they rush outside. In the distance they see the two fleeing archers. They quickly pursue and the paladin/ ranger catches up to them after 4 rounds. He slices the unwounded one while the paladin/knight manages to shoot the wounded one dropping him. The last standing archer sees this and raises his hands in surrender.

Session time runs out here. Will the paladin/ranger (Rager?) contain his dislike (understatement much?) for black armor clad foes? Or will he explode all over this poor soul and send him to his afterlife? The players decided to stop here and let the paladin/ranger’s player decide at next game.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Eleventh session experience....

Post by dancross »

Sounds like the game continues to run smoothly. Also, it just occurred to me...have you introduced any magic items? Do you think ERP could use a magic item and spells supplement? I think so.

Also, I'm curious,

What were the RP and VP points given (ballpark) at that session?
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:Sounds like the game continues to run smoothly. Also, it just occurred to me...have you introduced any magic items? Do you think ERP could use a magic item and spells supplement? I think so.

Also, I'm curious,

What were the RP and VP points given (ballpark) at that session?
An armor ring was found in the first session and an healing item in the goblin base.

It could use it, especially if some of the trickier spells were prefab'd.

Haven't given them out yet. :oops:
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Due to circumstances beyond the players and my control, No game this past weekend. :( :( :(

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:Due to circumstances beyond the players and my control, No game this past weekend. :( :( :(
You're fired! Your punishment is to watch Dilbert animated shorts for at least one hour. www.dilbert.com

...actually, those animated shorts are hilarious.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

I did watch some of them...Pretty cool..

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”