Advanced D&D classes for DCC?

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Advanced D&D classes for DCC?

Post by Geoffrey »

Gary Gygax's Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook includes 7 classes not included in the DCC rulebook:

1. druids
2. paladins
3. rangers
4. illusionists
5. assassins
6. monks
7. bards

Are there conversions of any or all of these classes to DCC?
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Advanced D&D classes for DCC?

Post by GnomeBoy »

I believe the Crawl! zine covers most of those... maybe all of them.

Issues #6 and #10 specifically:

https://goodman-games.com/store/product ... popularity
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Druid: Cleric with a different spell list, instead of turning, they can control animals.
Illusionists: Wizard with a spell affinity for illusions.

The rest are a set of special abilities for already existing classes that players should achieve by Questing For It. E.g. after slaying the vampire lord terrorizing the local peasants your warrior become a paladin, receiving +1d on saving throws and the ability to lay hands and turn unholy like a cleric of half their level.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn »

I was working on conversions of these classes, and then I kinda just got depressed at the whole thing because everyone and their kobold has already done it.
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

BanjoJohn wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:36 am I was working on conversions of these classes, and then I kinda just got depressed at the whole thing because everyone and their kobold has already done it.
If you would point these conversions out to me, I would greatly appreciate it. :D
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

There are a bunch here, https://www.juliosrpgcove.com/resources/ but some of them (Crawl #6 & #10) must be purchased at places like DriveThru RPG.

I'm looking for any form-fillable PDFs that aren't already at Goodman Games site: https://goodman-games.com/dcc-rpg-character-sheets/
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

Bobjester wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:38 am There are a bunch here, https://www.juliosrpgcove.com/resources/ but some of them (Crawl #6 & #10) must be purchased at places like DriveThru RPG.

I'm looking for any form-fillable PDFs that aren't already at Goodman Games site: https://goodman-games.com/dcc-rpg-character-sheets/
Cool! That first link has all the classes I'm looking for except for the illusionist.

Six down, one to go!

Thanks a bunch! :D
Bobjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Looking for one that doesn't withhold games from customers.

Post by Bobjester »

Yeah! No problem! Altho I thought it had the illusionist somewhere in the links. (there are a LOT of links!)
“The wounds received in battle bestow honor, they do not take it away...”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

Return to “Rules discussion”