The series so far

Discuss our deluxe versions of classic adventure modules and more, presented in their original edition/format, with updates for 5e or DCC RPG!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

The series so far

Post by BanjoJohn »

I've got OAR #1,2,&3 so far, its nice to have copies of the old original adventures mixed with an updated version.

So, with OAR #3 it looks like you added a ribbon to the book? I like this.
I notice that OAR#1 had a spine the same color as the cover, but #2 & #3 have red spines. Makes me wonder if OAR#4 will have a purple or red spine.

I wonder what the future will be, a combined series or something to do with against the giants? slave lords? homlet/temple of elemental evil?

Palace of the silver princess? hehe.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: The series so far

Post by GnomeBoy »

The 4th volume was announced at GenCon last year (video posted on the site shortly thereafter).

The next one will be B4 The Lost City...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by BanjoJohn »

Yeah, I saw that Lost City was available for pre-order so this makes me wonder about OAR 5, OAR 6, etc.
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by BanjoJohn »

Looks like OAR #5 will be Castle Amber! With a nice amber colored cover too. Again I wonder though, if the spine will be red. Hmmm.
timbolton
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Fanboy 3

Post by timbolton »

Loving the series so far, great to get these adventures once more and the books are so lovingly made and gorgeous!

OAR #4 and #5 sound excellent choices too. I would be curious to see B3 (Palace of the Silver Princess) adapted as well, having read today about the issues surrounding its production. Maybe both versions could be reprinted in memory of Jean?

I was a 70s child, but it was my older brother (who we sadly last at the end of 2019) who bought the box sets (think we have red, blue, teal and black) and I know we have the B1-7 collected book, all in storage. I picked up D&D 5E when it was announced Cubicle 7 were going to do a 5E version of their One Ring RPG, wanted to see what it was like. Not played yet and I had decided this was the year I'd find a group (and play in memory of my older bro who got me into so much stuff), but it can wait till we are all safe to go out once more, but in the meantime I'll get my head round the rules and Into the Borderlands.
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by BanjoJohn »

Just got my copy of the lost city, OAR #4, love the book, but now I feel like having them all together on a shelf will have no over-arching spine-theme. The spine on OAR#4 is purple like the cover, #2 & #3 have red spines, and #1 has a brown spine matching its cover.

Now I'm wondering if #5 will have an amber spine or a red spine, or a different color spine to throw us off.

Return to “Original Adventures Reincarnated”