Road Crew reports to B. LaSalle

Share the latest tales of magic and mayhem from your Road Crew games! Hash over recruitment strategy and all that, too. DCC, MCC, DCC Lankhmar, Xcrawl Classics... All your Road Crew talk goes here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

rileykill
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Tribe

Road Crew reports to B. LaSalle

Post by rileykill »

Does Brendan LaSalle still manage road crew reports? I see a link with his name but I can’t get it to function correctly (i.e. I think I need his email address?) As a new RC judge I’m generally curious about how this process works, if anyone has experience or info. I ran the first session of Hole In The Sky last night as my inaugural RC game.

Ok now that I have his email address, here is the report I submitted:

Crawlers ATX played the inaugural session of our 1st DCC campaign yesterday 3/4/20 at Tribe Comics and Games in beautiful south Austin, TX. I ran the character funnel Hole In The Sky by Brendan LaSalle. I’m happy to report there were many PC deaths and a good time was had by all. There was a little bit of homebrewery, and I decided to use the village of Hirot from Doom Of The Savage Kings in lieu of Mherkin as outlined in the module. The PCs spent a large part of the session talking up locals and learning how little they can buy in a town market with 43CP! Some seeds were planted regarding the Hound of Hirot, so we will see if the surviving PCs ultimately return to the village to help out or strike off in another direction. Lastly, one of my D&D players learned the difference between a 5e rogue and a Level 0 farmer when he tried to steal a horse and was summarily hacked down by a member of the town guard!

After an afternoon and evening in Hirot the PCs returned to the cliff to wait for the moon to reach its apex. With the help of a Level 0 astrologer, the PCs were able to locate the invisible bridge at the appropriate time and avoided any plunges to a certain death (although this would come later). 3 PCs were eventually lost to gusting winds on Day 2 of the journey, and several more were killed by shrikes on Day 3. We ended the session at the portal to the prison realm with a total of 9 PCs lost to the Lady In Blue’s suicide mission. Overall we thought the module was awesome and well written, and we had a successful gaming session!

Thanks for the killer adventure!

Judge Riley in Austin
Last edited by rileykill on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Road Crew reports to B. LaSalle

Post by GnomeBoy »

The link I’m seeing is his e-mail address... it should open your e-mail and populate the To: line.

But maybe we’re looking at different links?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
rileykill
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by rileykill »

Yes that was my assumption. I can’t get the link to work and I can’t find the actual email address anywhere
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

brendan ~at~ goodman-games
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

rileykill
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by rileykill »

Thanks!!
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

rileykill wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 am Does Brendan LaSalle still manage road crew reports? I see a link with his name but I can’t get it to function correctly (i.e. I think I need his email address?)
Judge Riley I feel like I responded to this via email - am I wrong?

Either way this sounds like you ran a great adventure, and I'm thankful for your report! I still get a thrill when folks run Hole in the Sky. And I like how substituting out the starting city sets up your next adventure.

YES, you can reach me at

brendan

AT SIGN!

goodman-games

dot com

Or we can hang out here on the forums. I just wish I could figure out how to add pictures here. Trying again . . . nope!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

if it's an online image, use the little picture of the photo in that line of buttons that starts with B I U etc...

If it's an attachment, use that thingy seen at the bottom of the picture, below the Preview and Submit buttons...

I don't know to what degree this stuff looks different on a phone. 8)
Attachments
Screen shot 2020-03-20 at 1.28.33 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2020-03-20 at 1.28.33 PM.jpg (68.75 KiB) Viewed 24655 times

Return to “Road Crew Reports”