Road Crew Question

Share the latest tales of magic and mayhem from your Road Crew games! Hash over recruitment strategy and all that, too. DCC, MCC, DCC Lankhmar, Xcrawl Classics... All your Road Crew talk goes here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

JodieBrandt
Gongfarmer
FLGS: TC War Room

Road Crew Question

Post by JodieBrandt »

Hey all. I'm ready to kick 2019 in the ass and start my run for the coveted Belt Buckle! I have a question though... When requesting Road Crew materials from Goodman do we start back at day 1 again and are we responsible for remembering how many games we've run as to which items to request?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is the wrong page, I could not find a Road Crew forum...

Jodie "QuestWise" Brandt
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Road Crew Question

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yes, and yes.

Each year is it's own thing, and my impression is they don't track however-umpteen-many people are running games and getting swag for them.... Though they might dig back into the orders if someone's ordering for their "8th public game" of the year at the end of January... :wink:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
JoanofArc
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Secret Door Games

Post by JoanofArc »

Agreed with "Yes and Yes".
It is on the honor system. But they do request that you submit Road Crew reports. It can be on the Facebook page or directly email to Brendan LaSalle.
He doesn't keep track of the number of games you schedule and play. It's just a suggestion for being accountable for the Road Crew games you judge.
Events need to be public.
I have two FLGSs in which I schedule Road Crew games. I have invited regular players to help judge games when I may not be available. The game stores want to schedule regular times which may not always fit my schedule well as they want them to run weekly and bi-weekly.
Grotonomus
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Board Fox Games; Grand Junction, Colorado

Post by Grotonomus »

Should we be ordering Road Crew swag already, or hold off until the 2019 stuff is posted in the store?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Grotonomus wrote:Should we be ordering Road Crew swag already, or hold off until the 2019 stuff is posted in the store?
You can get stuff now (I did for a Convention game), but it may be left over stuff from last year... better than nothing and all-new to folks if their new to the game!
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Grotonomus
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Board Fox Games; Grand Junction, Colorado

Post by Grotonomus »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Grotonomus wrote:Should we be ordering Road Crew swag already, or hold off until the 2019 stuff is posted in the store?
You can get stuff now (I did for a Convention game), but it may be left over stuff from last year... better than nothing and all-new to folks if their new to the game!
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and placed my order.
wkeller
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Heroic Gaming

Post by wkeller »

are we responsible for remembering how many games we've run as to which items to request?
Something that helps me - in the comment section where you are supposed to provide details about the session, I always put something like "this is my nth session of the year". Since you can view your past orders, I only need to look at my previous order (usually) to see where I am in the count. It can get especially confusing after you pass session 12 and you don't even have the product names to help you out. Adding a note for yourself helps.

Return to “Road Crew Reports”