On Shamans and How They Can be Played (Superseded and Replaced by New Post)

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Melfast
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Empire Games

On Shamans and How They Can be Played (Superseded and Replaced by New Post)

Post by Melfast »

Edit 12/1/20 -- This is an old post, and I have replaced this approach with a better, simpler one that I think is actually what the rules have been telling me all along, but which I have missed due to my preconceived notions about the Shaman as an analogue to the Wizard or Cleric. They are not, any more than mutants are.

Please see my post here for the updated and much simplified approach: https://goodman-games.com/forums/viewto ... 84&t=49166

Please post your thoughts about the new approach there.

Thanks.

-- Melfast

Edited to remove old post content. This was my first attempt to sort out Shaman programs. it is playable, but I do not think it is RAW or RAI.

If you want to see it for some reason, I have saved it in a PDF at this link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak88KIALsgrVif9JpTd ... Q?e=EAMLgG
Last edited by Melfast on Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: On Shamans and How They Can be Played

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Enchiridion of the Computarchs is a great resource for Shamans. You can read about the preview following the link below, and the full version is now available.

https://dcctreasures.blogspot.com/2020/ ... eview.html
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Melfast
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Melfast »

Raven-Crowking

Enchiridion of the Computarchs sounds like it is going to be very cool, and I plan to get it.

In my entry, I was looking for a way to make the Shaman work within the Core rules, while trying to hew as close to the way I understood the designer had in mind for the class as possible.

I'm hoping this creates a way to use the class without making it mandatory to get a 3PP or make later changes to official MCC products to be able to play the Shaman.

So, I kept my interpretations as minimal as possible.

(I have another version I based on how Jim did his Neuromancer class that relies on an expansion of the Patron AI Bond program, but it makes a lot of adds to the game, so it's too home brew to just be an explanation people can use without making a lot of changes to what is in the core book.)

Happy gaming...

Melfast
Melfast
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Melfast »

Edited 12/7/20

This post was part 2 of my first attempt on figuring out how to determine Shaman programs.

It has been superseded as noted in my first post to remove confusion over what post is the most current.

I have taken the content, which discussed adding a second Patron AI, and added it to the document at the link in my first post if for some reason someone wants to see it.

It is playable, but I do not think it is RAW or RAI.

My Revised A-B-C post completely replaces this approach.

Happy Gaming...

-- Melfast

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”