Errata

Mutant Crawl Classics is the warped, mutant sci-fi twin to DCC. All Plantients, Manimals, Mutants and PSH are welcome here...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Errata

Post by DM Cojo »

The playtester credits are missing. :(
Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Leg1on »

My obsession with spider-goats found this:

In the Index on page 272, and in the License material on the next page, Caprapod and Caprapod Warder are misspelled Carapod and Carapod Warder, respectively.
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Post by Sorn1808 »

Page 230, under Patron Taint: ME10:

For a result of 4 it says "stunned for 1d3+CL", that should probably have a duration of rounds attached to it.

Page 232, Laser Wetware:

Result of 14-15: "The shaman’s eyes blaze with either one target..." there should probably be a comma or something after blaze and before with "... eyes blaze, with either..."

16-19: "In addition, the targets..." should just be "In addition, the target..." not plural.

Page 233, Restore Backup:

Result of 34-35: "The shaman summons a superior genetic prints." This should probably say "...a superior genetic print." singular. Also "This replicants is superior to the shaman in all ways have a +3 bonus..." should probably read something like "This replicant is superior to the shaman in all ways, and has a +3 bonus..."

Page 235, Invoke Patron (Tetraplex):

Result 12-13: "...chide them for not using accessing its knowledge..." should say something like "...chide them for not accessing its knowledge...", dropping the using.

Page 236, Glowburn (Tetraplex)

Result 1: "...cells to liquefy and re-solidify into as..." This should either say into what, or just drop into and leave it as "...re-solidify, as Tetraplex..."
Jester4108
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: gamequest

Post by Jester4108 »

Pg. 34

"Plantients have a natural 1d4 thorn or spine missile attack"

For the life of me i cannot find out what the range of this is supposed to be.
DCC RPG: So nice, i buyed it thrice!

Eagerly awaiting the release of MCC!

Dice are to Gamers as Gold is to Dragons.
trevorbramble
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Internet

Post by trevorbramble »

Page 254, Introduction, paragraph 3:

"Artifact" is spoken of as singular, then written as plural:
Younglings are expected to survive on their own for a full week, and to return to the tribe bearing at least one working artifacts of the ancients.
Rather than:
Younglings are expected to survive on their own for a full week, and to return to the tribe bearing at least one working artifact of the ancients."
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

p. 182 under the Glazkin entry:

"Their illusion generating and mind control mutations make them formidable foes even as their small size makes them difficult to attack."

There is no further mention of this mind control ability. In addition, there aren't any mind control abilities listed in the stat block.
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

p. 188 under Piranha Bats

"Piranha bats fly in great swarms through the jungles of Terra A.A."

Should read "Terra A.D."
boberro
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: No friendly stores in Europe, sorry.

Post by boberro »

p. 179: "these wolf-sized carnivores have a poisonous bite"

Should be venomous.
Sorn1808
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: I have no idea.

Post by Sorn1808 »

Page 267, Bubble-Car Artifact Table:

For results 1-11 the words all run together with no spacing on the first line (at least in my pdf). Example: "Bubble-car’sintruderalarmsounds;thedeafeningwailcauses..."
Santa Barbarian
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Santa Barbarian »

I would very strongly consider an additional table, one with the attributes listed, versus what they affect. Get that table PERFECT. Then compare it to the rules text and make sure that what you wanted rules-wise is what you wrote down. It needs to be issued as errata for DCC RPG, too because it would make both games so much easier to learn and to master quickly.

Table 1-1 is nice, gives the modifiers but not all the modifiers are explained in the rules text. It is inferred from DCC RPG, but not explained.

An example: Stamina receives a reference on page 12 under Hopeless Characters as modifying hit points. It doesn't receive the reference in the text on Hit Points.
I looked at other places, but maybe I missed it.

Another example, Personality affects wetware programs, but nothing is seen in the Healer class description. Really problematic. Was there some mechanic cut from the text or did I miss it elsewhere, and why is it elsewhere?

This is a structural problem with the rules text that will sink the product as a stand alone book. There is no way around it. You must fix it.

Otherwise, I am really impressed with the game. It is very sound in terms of design. It will easily extend to Super Hero Crawl Classics and Space Opera Crawl Classics.
Cadriel
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Top Deck Games

Post by Cadriel »

One thing I'm not clear on from the rules as presented is this statement on page 130:
"The judge can tell you more about Luck..."

There is nothing further about luck, such as an equivalent to Table 7-9: Luck Changes in the DCC rulebook. Was this meant to be included or is it just meant for the judge to make up how Mutants and Manimals recover Luck?

Another thing that seemed like it was missing among the DCC rules was some equivalent for the "Overland Speed" section in the DCC rulebook. The judge could figure something out but it would seem useful for a game where characters are assumed to be exploring the wilderness for ruins.
smarttman
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: TBS Comics

Post by smarttman »

Santa Barbarian wrote:I would very strongly consider an additional table, one with the attributes listed, versus what they affect. Get that table PERFECT. Then compare it to the rules text and make sure that what you wanted rules-wise is what you wrote down. It needs to be issued as errata for DCC RPG, too because it would make both games so much easier to learn and to master quickly.

Table 1-1 is nice, gives the modifiers but not all the modifiers are explained in the rules text. It is inferred from DCC RPG, but not explained.

An example: Stamina receives a reference on page 12 under Hopeless Characters as modifying hit points. It doesn't receive the reference in the text on Hit Points.
I looked at other places, but maybe I missed it.

Another example, Personality affects wetware programs, but nothing is seen in the Healer class description. Really problematic. Was there some mechanic cut from the text or did I miss it elsewhere, and why is it elsewhere?

This is a structural problem with the rules text that will sink the product as a stand alone book. There is no way around it. You must fix it.

Otherwise, I am really impressed with the game. It is very sound in terms of design. It will easily extend to Super Hero Crawl Classics and Space Opera Crawl Classics.
They've already addressed they are working on this/trying to alleviate it in their latest Kickstarter update
galderon
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Universe

Post by galderon »

Artifical Intelligence Hack, p 198, under 14-15, "contrary to it's original programming", the "it's" should be "its".
UKUR, p 240, end of second paragraph, "in order to protect it's still functional sections", the "it's" should be "its".
galderon
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Game Universe

Post by galderon »

We're heavily into nitpicking territory now.

The rules inconsistently refer to character levels. From the rest of the rules, I'm gathering that the intended style is:
When referring to the levels themselves, it should be 0 level, 1st level, 2nd level, etc.
When using the level as an adjective, such as when describing a character, it should be 0-level, 1st-level, 2nd-level, etc.

p 12, Hopeless Characters:
"roll up a new 0 level character"
"possible for a 0 level character"

p 13, Level Zero Occupations:
"possible 0 level occupations"

p 14, 0 Level:
"All 0 level characters"

p 15, Genotypes:
"for these classes manifest at 1st-level"

p 18, Archaic Alignments
"All 0 level genotypes"

p 19, Level Advancement, The XP Table:
"automatically advance to 1st-level"

p 19, Choosing a Class, Title:
"Characters of 7th level and above" ("th" is super-scripted)

p 26, Archaic Alignment:
"At level-4 and above"

p 38, The Metagenesis and Determining Mutations at 1st Level, second paragraph:
"Upon achieving 1st-level"

p 38, Radburn and Losing or Gaining Mutations
"or plantient character Level-1 or higher"

p 39, Glowburn:
"Beginning at 1st-level"

p 157, Artifact Checks, second paragraph:
"For example, Mangarr the Mighty, a 1st level rover"
"his Artifact check bonus at 1st-level"

p 192:
"When a pure strain human reaches 1st-level"
KJ Obrien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by KJ Obrien »

p. 150, last sentence under the Companion-Bot entry:

"... and were among those few robots with RPP programming included in their AI (see Table 6-2 and 6-3)."

I think tables 6-3 and 6-4 were the intended tables, as they are the RPP (Real People Personas) tables. Table 6-2 is the list of AI types.
Boozehammer
Gongfarmer

Post by Boozehammer »

Pg. 151 - In the stats for nano bots, it reads they have 1hp for every 10,0000 bots. Looks like the comma is in the wrong place or there is an extra 0 on the end.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

UKUR vs. URUR - on page 240 in the 2nd paragraph, the word URUR is mentioned ("After the apocalyptic events of the Great Disaster, many of URUR’s surface stations" - which I believe should be UKUR.
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

P. 57, Sonic Generation. "sonic generation" not capitalized in the last two check results.

P. 60, Ultravision. Passive mutation with a listed duration.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

The good news is that it appears the number of errors are decreasing.
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

"Grey" appears instead of "gray" on pages 97, 185, and 244.
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DavetheLost »

"Grey" is the proper spelling. ;)
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

DavetheLost wrote:"Grey" is the proper spelling. ;)
Not in these United States! :D

More importantly, some are "gray" and some are "grey," and best practice is to use just one spelling.
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

Pg. 188, Energy Sap results: "c-cell" and "f-cell" not capitalized in results 12-13 and 14-17.
Mad Mage
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Mad Mage »

I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you to every single person who contributed to this thread. The final printing of this book will be a much better product thanks to your diligence and efforts, and I'm sure that means as much to me as it does to all of you!
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” ~ E. Gary Gygax
quozl
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by quozl »

Thank you for all your hard work creating this, Jim!
Chuck Korsin: Woodcutter. Str 14 (+1), Agi 10 (0), Sta 17 (+2), Per 15 (+1), Int 9 (0), Luc 9 (0), AC: 10; HP: 3; Weapon: Handaxe +1 (1d6+1), Speed: 30; Init: 0; Ref: 0; Fort: 2; Will: 1, Holy water (1 vial) (25 gp), Bundle of wood, 37 cp, Crowbar, Sack (large)

Barnum Bailey: Animal trainer. RIP Weapon: Club (1d4), Waterskin (5 sp), 30 cp
Gene Yusmore: Cooper. RIP Torch (1 cp), Barrel, 33 cp
Tellessa Storie: Elven barrister. RIP Weapon: Quill (as dart) (1d4), Book, 33 cp

Return to “Mutant Crawl Classics RPG”