Backerkit question

Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar setting, home to the legendary Fafhrd and Gray Mouser, is the first officially licensed setting for the DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Backerkit question

Post by finarvyn »

So I found that a couple of the files that I downloaded for the DCC Lankhmar kickstart wouldn't open, and I went back to the backer kit page where all of the files are located and re-downloaded everything. Then I noticed that several files are listed as "pending" with the note that "your order has not been locked down yet."

What does that mean? Anyone else have this note in their backerkit? I have six files not yet accessible and the kickstart ended (and was paid for) quite a while ago.

------------------------------

EDIT: I realized that the problem I was having opening files was due to the fact that I hadn't extracted them from a zipped folder. Now they open just fine. Still curious about the "pending" thing, however.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Backerkit question

Post by GnomeBoy »

So the Lankhmar boxed set KS was well before my time, I am the guy that's punching the buttons on BackerKit currently...

BackerKit has many points where the project manager can click a box that says "I'm done with this step" -- which is completely independent from whether you've done it or not.

It may be that.

It could also be something else. I'm still wrapping my head around ALL of the functionality of BK, and it has this aspect of reorganizing the layout of the interface based on what you've completed or the stage of the project, which makes it extra fun to go back and find an earlier step to review or work on...

If you need access to those things, shoot a note to the info@ address, and either someone with access can get in there and flip a switch, or they can add me to that project and I can do it (each project has independent access).
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

I'll keep poking around. Some of the files which are not "locked down yet" are things like the boxed set. Well, I have a physical copy of the boxed set right here in my hand, so I would think that the PDF version should be accessible as well. Hmmmm.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by finarvyn »

I found out what's up with backerkit. The files I cannot access are early draft files, which were turned off when the final versions got uploaded in my backerkit page. It threw me that the names weren't the same, which gave me the impression that I hadn't been given access to all of my stuff.

Just me being dense. I should have looked closer at the titles. :D
Marv / Finarvyn

-- Gary Gygax
-- Dave Arneson
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “DCC Lankhmar”