Question (& spoiler) about the module Frozen In Time

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Question (& spoiler) about the module Frozen In Time

Post by BaophraT »

I'm preparing the Frozen In Time module that I'll be playing soon and one detail confuses me. In zone 4-3 Treasury [p10], the security field can cause damage and paralyze creatures exposed to it. Let's say a character fails his DC Fort Save, and remains paralyzed, will he take cumulative damage each round while paralyzed ? Since he is paralyzed, should he be considered to remain in the position he was in when the safety field affected him ? I hope you can understand me... thanks in advance for your advice on this point !
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Question (& spoiler) about the module Frozen In Time

Post by GnomeBoy »

You can't *enter* the field. Anyone *touching* the field is subject the effect, but they aren't going to paralyzed *within* the field, but most likely fall away from it, same as if they bumped into a wall and it knocked them out -- they fall to the floor next to it.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Re: Question (& spoiler) about the module Frozen In Time

Post by BaophraT »

Thanks GnomeBoy for these precisions, now that I have a good mental vision of this safety field phenomenon, it will be easier to manage when the time comes.
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”