Shorter adventures (Less than 4 hours)

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

The Disgruntled Poet
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Tower Games

Shorter adventures (Less than 4 hours)

Post by The Disgruntled Poet »

What DCC adventures can be run in 2-3 hours for a convention slot? It's been many years since I ran Portal Under the Stars, I think that's one.

What about others? I'm happy to consider 3PP stuff as well as Goodman Games published.
Tabarkus
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Bill & Ogre's Games

Re: Shorter adventures (Less than 4 hours)

Post by Tabarkus »

I ran the Sour Spring Hollow funnel from the Chained Coffin book. It fits nicely within that time frame. I haven't run any of the other adventures from that book but I assume several of them would fit within that time frame; such as Moonricket Bridge.
TreverT
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Don't have one, sadly

Post by TreverT »

Depending on your group's speed, maybe Nebin Pendlebrook's Perilous Pantry. It's a tight and tidy module for 0-level play.
Litzen Tallister
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: New Dimension Comics

Post by Litzen Tallister »

I've had luck with Accursed Heart of the World Ender. Also, for shorter sessions, a lot can be shaved off by assuming decisions for the party that will have no effect on the adventure.
ThickSkullAdv
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by ThickSkullAdv »

My go-to short adventure is Terry Olson's fabulous "Elzemon and the Blood-Drinking Box"; the great thing about that adventure (in addition to it's clever plot and writing), is that depending on how you want to adjudicate The Big Walk Down The Stairs, you can actually make the adventure longer or shorter to meet your needs and still not lose any of the key plot points. It's incredibly flexible.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”