Frozen in Time naming ceremony

There are over 50 DCC Adventures in print, including the main line (DCC #66.5 and up), the Holiday adventures, the Free RPG Day adventures, the new Horror line, and more! Suss them all out here!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

larljarlabarl
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Tara's Angel Magic

Frozen in Time naming ceremony

Post by larljarlabarl »

I thought I'd share a thing my group did after finishing Frozen in Time:

The setup was that the characters were youngsters on this adventure as a kind of "test of adulthood". Once the surviving characters got back to the village, we went around the table with the other players playing the elders giving each character their "adult" name (the PC had to sit out naming their own guys).

It was funny and worked well as a kind of closing scene for the adventure (which was great fun of course!).
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Frozen in Time naming ceremony

Post by GnomeBoy »

Cool idea -- but depending on the group, the naming could be brutal! :twisted: :lol:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Mat Mobile
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: L'abyss

Re: Frozen in Time naming ceremony

Post by Mat Mobile »

That's a cool idea! I do something somewhat similar.

In funnel games, I tell players to give their characters easy names once they start attacking or doing something. Like Bob, Joey or Kevin. The characters that survive get to add a suffix depending on what they did during the game.

For example: Kevin the Brave, Joey the unlucky or Bountiful Bob.

Not as interesting as your suggestion but it does add fun and it helps prevent that "blank page syndrome" for just finding a name.

Return to “DCC RPG Adventure Modules”