#QuaranZine 2020

This forum is for finding other players, announcing games, sharing actual game play reports, organizing online games, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop

#QuaranZine 2020

Post by Judge_Yossarian »

Edit: I made a form! If you want to contribute or are interested in updates, check it out.

https://forms.gle/pPAmxDprqfLBRv9L6

Old School RPG players are a strange breed- generally introverted, but in need of actual human contact (GASP!) to enjoy The Hobby. COVID-19 has thrown a wrench into many a well-thought-out campaign plan and cancelled many cons, events, and home games.

But there are also a ton of us at home without much to do in these crazy times. Some find solace in online games, but there are other avenues, and one of them is writing! That's why I'm launching QuaranZine 2020, to turn our misfortune into something cool.

The idea is that we all have snippets of content from our home games or other creative endeavors, and we can take this time to polish them up and compile them. We will then offer them for free, or for a donation to a charity helping those affected financially by the virus.

At this point I'm just asking for info on who would be interested and how they'd like to contribute. Please fill out the following form ASAP. It would be cool to get a volume finished by next week to launch for "Virtual GaryCon" but two weeks might be more reasonable. Any questions, suggestions, or ideas can also be sent to judge dot yossarian at gmail dot com!

Reposting from the Discord:

So I had what I think is a good idea.

There are a lot of creators here on this discord, home with nothing to do.

Anyone want to make a Zine in like, two weeks? #QuaranZine2020

I have some deity and patron write-ups to contribute and I have worked as a professional editor before. If anyone is interested send me a note. Or, if someone who actually knows Zines wants to take the idea, I am happy to just contribute.

If we want to get fancy we could sell a PDF for like 99 cents and donate the proceeds to a charity paying creators who are out of work because of COVID-19.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: #QuaranZine 2020

Post by GnomeBoy »

I just filled in the form. Not sure what I can contribute writing-wise, since I'm already into multiple entries for the GFA, but if any ideas rattle their way out of the ol' noggin, I'll aim them at the QuaranZine.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Judge_Yossarian
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Labyrinth Game Shop

Re: #QuaranZine 2020

Post by Judge_Yossarian »

Thanks Gnomeboy. I'm notifying the contributors who have filled out the form so far and setting up a discord channel. The form will remain open for anyone who wants in.
--------------
Chalmers frowned. "Harold, what would be a legal purpose for which to conjure a parrot?"

The Corpse that Love Built PbP:
Obadiah the Sharp: Chaotic Warrior (2nd level), Tax collector
Str: 15 (+1), Agi: 11 (0), Sta: 15 (+1), Per: 6 (-1), Int: 7 (-1), Luck: 7 (-1)
HP: 15/24; Speed: 25; Init: 2; AC: 15; Ref: 1; Fort: 2; Will: -1; Deed Die: d4
Main Weapon: Spear melee deed+1 (dmg 1d8+1+deed)
Secondary Weapon: Javelin melee deed+1 (dmg 1d6+1+deed) (x2)
Armor: Scale Mail (+4) Check penalty (-4) Fumble die (d12) Speed (-5)); Shield (+1) Check penalty (-1)
Equipment: Backpack, Rope - 50', Chain 10', iron spikes (3), small hammer, lantern, 3 flasks oil
Funds: 476 gp, 80 cp; Languages: Common

Return to “DCC RPG Community”