Spellcasting services

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

qstor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Spellcasting services

Post by qstor »

How do you handle this in your games? In know in 3.x there's a table with costs? Or do you tie it to quests or other services for the cleric or wizard?
"I waste it with my Hackmaster +12" Dave KODT

Twitter: @qstor2
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Spellcasting services

Post by GnomeBoy »

For me, magic is not something that's traded on the Dow Jones. It's spooky and deadly and most people are afraid of it....

So IF the party is going to seek out a caster for some kind of aid, something that's beyond their own resources, that's a sub-plot or almost a side-campaign in itself to even find someone who can do it, and then convince them to do it.

But assuming that's all behind them, it'd basically be a barter situation. The party better have something -- item, skill, blood -- that that caster wants in order to get the magical aid they seek.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Spellcasting services

Post by Jim Skach »

GnomeBoy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:27 am For me, magic is not something that's traded on the Dow Jones. It's spooky and deadly and most people are afraid of it....

So IF the party is going to seek out a caster for some kind of aid, something that's beyond their own resources, that's a sub-plot or almost a side-campaign in itself to even find someone who can do it, and then convince them to do it.

But assuming that's all behind them, it'd basically be a barter situation. The party better have something -- item, skill, blood -- that that caster wants in order to get the magical aid they seek.
Listen to GnomeBoy.

Return to “Judges' Forum”