Font question

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: -

Font question

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Hail- hard at work on that much-delayed module I ‘m writing. I have the header and text fonts to match the core rule book, but does anyone know what initial/drop cap font is used? Also, since I ‘m making a free funnel, am I overlooking any etiquette or legal issues? Many thanks!

Black Kylessa (c) LV 2 Wizard (orphan)
Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Font question

Post by GnomeBoy »

Sorry, no idea what the drop-cap font used is...

There may be issues with copying trade-dress. Depends on how you feel about it. The concern would be that by aping the details of the look of the published game, you're implying that your publication is coming from the same source... If you were to go for a license, you could easily clarify that usage with Joseph Goodman directly -- knocking out something for free (which I'm guessing is to be done without the license), you could still shoot an e-mail to the "info" address to ask about it, I suppose...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Thanks, I'll get in touch. I'd rather have the official blessing anyway, and want to give back to the community that has inspired me these past years

Str7/8 (-1) Agi17(+2) Sta9(0) Per6(-1) Int15(+1) Luc15(+1) AC13 (padded armor, fumble d8) HP7 Sling+2 (1d4-1) or dagger+/-1 (1d4-1) Spd30 Init+2 R+3 F0 W0 Ragdoll (Mara), Pony, 48cp 602gp Common, Chaos, Halfling, Dwarven
Animal Summoning 64 Wealful/Woeful magic (erupts from the earth),Charm Person 83 Blue Star (black beam), Runic Alphabet, Mortal 43 no change, Spider Climb 53 no change (six extra eyes),Magic Missle 94 Fine Control (meteors),Chill Touch 50 no change (skeletal hands)
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:Thanks, I'll get in touch. I'd rather have the official blessing anyway, and want to give back to the community that has inspired me these past years
It's completely painless, really. :mrgreen:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Fenris Ulfhamr wrote:Thanks, I'll get in touch. I'd rather have the official blessing anyway, and want to give back to the community that has inspired me these past years
Except for the point of Spellburn required for the patron bond......
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Fenris Ulfhamr
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Fenris Ulfhamr »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Except for the point of Spellburn required for the patron bond......
I give it in the form of the donated intellectual property, while as well as that of the allied casters who submitted ideas for the project! This casting is enhanced by the blood, sweat, and ink of many! Now to cast it in an area sacred to Goodman while standing on a stack of core rulebooks...
:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:
Except for the point of Spellburn required for the patron bond......
If you keep announcing that up front we won't get any new recruits! :twisted:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote:If you keep announcing that up front we won't get any new recruits! :twisted:
In other news, the complete write-up, including patron taint, is in Angels, Daemons, & Beings Between expanded edition.

Pesh Joomang is a near-anagram of Joseph Goodman!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Judges' Forum”