Has anyone done DCC Blackmoor?

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Has anyone done DCC Blackmoor?

Post by finarvyn »

Dave Arneson's Blackmoor setting is perhaps my all-time favorite commercial setting and the times I've run it I mostly do it with OD&D (or sometimes C&C or occasionally 5E). What I would really like is DCC Blackmoor, since the DCC rules have that 1974 vibe and I feel like they would fit the Blackmoor setting quite well (and a lot better than the d20 material already out).

I'm thinking of doing some sort of homebrew conversion, but I was wondering if anyone has already done some of this. No point in re-inventing the wheel, right?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
dustle
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: The Twenty-Sided Store

Re: Has anyone done DCC Blackmoor?

Post by dustle »

finarvyn wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:49 pm Dave Arneson's Blackmoor setting is perhaps my all-time favorite commercial setting and the times I've run it I mostly do it with OD&D (or sometimes C&C or occasionally 5E). What I would really like is DCC Blackmoor, since the DCC rules have that 1974 vibe and I feel like they would fit the Blackmoor setting quite well (and a lot better than the d20 material already out).

I'm thinking of doing some sort of homebrew conversion, but I was wondering if anyone has already done some of this. No point in re-inventing the wheel, right?
I combined the Blackmoor supplement Temple of the Frog with The Croaking Fane, but that's probably not what you're looking for.
Egg of Coot
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: The Gameshelf

Re: Has anyone done DCC Blackmoor?

Post by Egg of Coot »

finarvyn wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:49 pm Dave Arneson's Blackmoor setting is perhaps my all-time favorite commercial setting and the times I've run it I mostly do it with OD&D (or sometimes C&C or occasionally 5E). What I would really like is DCC Blackmoor, since the DCC rules have that 1974 vibe and I feel like they would fit the Blackmoor setting quite well (and a lot better than the d20 material already out).

I'd also like to see Blackmoor get the DCC treatment. My problem is that my spare time is pretty limited these days, so I haven't attempted to homebrew anything myself as of yet - which is why I'd give my eye teeth for a commercially developed product . . .

Still, I'd be interested in trying to make time to hammer some things out for the setting . . .

The Egg

Return to “Judges' Forum”