Restoring STA Points -- Potions? Spells?

A forum for DCC RPG judges. This forum covers adventure design, monsters, judges' advice, campaign building, and all other such things.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

herecomethejudge
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Restoring STA Points -- Potions? Spells?

Post by herecomethejudge » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:19 pm

A few of the PCs in the party I judge for have bled out many, many times and are nearing death (3 STA). I was thinking of maybe having pity on them and allowing a few of them to restore a couple of STA points either through a rare potion, an encounter with a powerful genie-type character, etc. Anyone ever done this before, and if so, how did you do it?

Zariel
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Time warp games and comics

Re: Restoring STA Points -- Potions? Spells?

Post by Zariel » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:29 am

I am getting close to this point. There is a Cleric spell that, with a high enough roll, can restore a lot of points. You could do some kind of quest for a god, pilgrimage to a cleric thing.

herecomethejudge
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by herecomethejudge » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am

Yeah, I'm thinking of just sprinkling in a few +1 STA potions in the next boss's treasure trove.

BanjoJohn
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Post by BanjoJohn » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:04 am

You could have the players encounter a magical water-spring or something with sweet water that heals injuries. Or they could meet up with some mythical being who invites them for a banquet with food that heals them.

EDIT:

Or you run into a higher level cleric who can cast the restore spell for a favor. Or maybe a holy book lays out a ritual recipe for restoring stamina but it needs rare ingredients. Or maybe a wizard knows how to contact a demon who can help but it will come at a price.

Return to “Judges' Forum”