Simple houserule for multiclass

For DCC RPG rules discussion. Includes rules questions and ideas, new rules suggestions, homebrews and hacks, conversions to other systems, and everything else rules-related.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BanjoJohn
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: there are a few but I dont really consider any of them as my main flgs

Simple houserule for multiclass

Post by BanjoJohn »

I was thinking random thoughts, and a quick and dirty, and not perfect system for doing multiclass came into my head that doesn't overly complicate DCC

When you switch from one class to another, your previous class replaces your "occupation", your level, attack bonus, and save bonuses reset to the level of your new class, hp stays the same or the first level but increases after that. You get to keep your spells, but don't get to use your level as a spellcasting bonus any more. I duno, more might need worked out but its just simple and easy
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Simple houserule for multiclass

Post by GnomeBoy »

It's simple, but raises the question of why a Warrior learning magic suddenly "can't fight" like a Warrior.

Raven Crowking's blog has some simple multi-classing rules, where basically you 'skip' a level of advancement, but are now two Classes, like you're 5th level, but it's the abilities of a 2nd Level Warrior and 2nd Level Wizard, et al.

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.com/2012/ ... evels.html
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

GnomeBoy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:39 am It's simple, but raises the question of why a Warrior learning magic suddenly "can't fight" like a Warrior.

Raven Crowking's blog has some simple multi-classing rules, where basically you 'skip' a level of advancement, but are now two Classes, like you're 5th level, but it's the abilities of a 2nd Level Warrior and 2nd Level Wizard, et al.

http://ravencrowking.blogspot.com/2012/ ... evels.html
Quest For It is also always an option.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

I would just handle it like AD&D's dual classing.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “Rules discussion”