Starting Equipment a Bit Confusing

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for open playtest feedback related to character creation, class rules, skills, etc.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Drew
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Starting Equipment a Bit Confusing

Post by Drew »

On page 10, where it summarizes character creation, there is no mention of rolling on table 3-4 for a random piece of starting gear. It also says to "purchase gear", which seems to imply that you should buy your gear, hence the 5d12 starting copper. However, table 3-4 itself then tells you to roll for a random piece of gear unless you're above level 0.

What I THINK you're supposed to do is the following:

Give a level 0 character 1 weapon and 1 piece of gear based on his occupation. In addition, roll one piece of equipment off table 3-4 and give him 5d12 starting copper pieces as "pocket money." I just don't think the rules are very clear on this.
Check out my Gaming Blog at: http://retreatforward.blogspot.com/.
kataskicana
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Starting Equipment a Bit Confusing

Post by kataskicana »

That is exactly how I interpreted it as well.
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

The Level 0 character creation is split between page 10 and page 14. I agree this is confusing. Page 14 supports your interpretation.
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

I did as you did as well. Besides, having 2 items, one BG-related one totally random is a nice push for creativity and cooperation when in a dungeon at 0-level! And for sure you won't be considered rich if you both have... a candle and a hen! ...
which makes me think of.. *FLAMING CHICKEN of DOOM* :twisted:
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Characters”