Late DCC's

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Late DCC's

Post by Arawn76 »

Sorry if this has been asked but why the delay in releasing the next batch of DCC's (& 4E stuff in general).?
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

"Birthright" on the WOTC forums or "Birthright" at The Piazza.
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Late DCC's

Post by Blackdirge »

From the man himself:
goodmangames wrote:I have a copy of Scions in my hands right now. Wow, this is a great looking module. Too bad you guys can't see how cool it is. :) It's shipping to distributors now and will be in stores in literally a few days -- official ship date from distributors to stores is Monday the 24th.

Wyvern Mountain is scheduled to ship from the printer next week. It should be in stores the week of December 15th.

For months we've been playing catch-up against the various GSL delays. You guys will be glad to know that we just mapped out a 2009 schedule with solid due dates for everything, and it looks like we can get back on track. The first half of the year will be a little light on the release schedule as we catch up and build up some steam, but by the second quarter we'll be back to several books a month - and this time they'll all be on time.
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

I've been looking forward to these quite a bit. I was worried about a delay to Hero’s Handbook: Dragonborn since I love this race.

Later days
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

What is a GSL and why was it a factor :?:
Roll for initiative!!!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

GSL = Wizard's 4E Game System License. The license that permits us to create material for 4E. Supposably still under revision.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Arawn76 wrote:Thanks :D

I've been looking forward to these quite a bit. I was worried about a delay to Hero’s Handbook: Dragonborn since I love this race.

Later days
Arwan,

Dragonborn is finally out. Let us know what you think about it.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Harley Stroh wrote:
Arawn76 wrote:Thanks :D

Later days
Arawn,

Dragonborn is finally out. Let us know what you think about it.

//H
I bought the PDF within an hour of it being out and was so intensely disappointed that I pre-ordered the dead tree copy an hour or so later :lol: .

Being honest as much as I enjoyed the extra mechanical info, and lets be honest as gamers we're obsessed with having extra mechanical goodies what really sold me was the fluff. Till know I've really felt a bit left down by Wotc's offerings in this regard, a single Dragon article? Your take on the Dragonborn really got the imagination flowing and 30 minutes later I was creating characters for each of the clans.

I really hope that all the handbooks are this good and as I've said before if you decide to publish an Aereth campaign guide you have at least one guaranteed customer.

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Arawn,

Thanks for picking up the Dragonborn book. :)

Re: Upcoming Handbooks. They're really, really cool. I've been too busy to contribute to either of the upcoming Handbooks, so I can say without bias that they rock. I can happily say that both are *better* than the Dragonborn book, and that I can't wait to see them in print.

//H

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

And, re: Áereth: No worries. The 2009 and 2010 will be rich with Known World goodies. Working on that as we speak.

//H

Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

And the handbook after Eladrin would be? C'mon you let it slip :lol:

And any Aereth stuff is coolio with me, definitely on my shopping list :D

Yeah I know nobody says coolio anymore :oops:

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ah, but maybe I *meant* to let that slip. :twisted:

Though actually, if you know me in RL, I'm not that cunning.

//H

Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Harley Stroh wrote:Ah, but maybe I *meant* to let that slip. :twisted:

Though actually, if you know me in RL, I'm not that cunning.

//H
Nice attempted deflection :wink:, but I still want to know :P

However I'm patient and I know you guy's will make it worth the wait.

Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Arawn76 wrote:And the handbook after Eladrin would be? C'mon you let it slip :lol:
Fine, I guess you figured out that I'm hard at work on Hero's Handbook: Ewoks. That's right, Goodman Games has taken up the challenge, and we are determined to make ewoks cooler than dragonborn, maybe even cooler than tieflings.

Here's a a preview; a feat from the book:

Primitive Weapon of Ultimate Destruction (Ewok)
Prerequisites: Fuzzy and Lethal, Pathetically Unassuming
Benefit: Any weapon you wield that is composed of rocks, vines, or sticks automatically hits, ignores all resistances, and inflicts double maximum damage. If the target is an elite or solo, it must roll a saving throw or die after a successful hit.

Yub! Yub!

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Yub! Yub!
(shudders in horror)
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Jengenritz wrote:
Yub! Yub!
(shudders in horror)
Oh, come on, Adrian; you're just pissed because we didn't go with your idea - Hero's Handbook: Smurfs.

If you would have budged on the full-color Smurfette centerfold, the project would have been a go.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

If you would have budged on the full-color Smurfette centerfold, the project would have been a go.
It wasn't me, it was her agent. He kept insisting we do it, and I was like, "Dude, maybe back in the 80's, but now? Seriously?"

(sigh) I guess my dream of a massive battle between the Gummi Bears, the Snorks, the Smurfs, the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain, and Smaug will have to wait another year...
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Ewoks or Smurfs I'm in :twisted:

I just want to see my players faces when I pop those books on the table :lol:

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

But wait till you see the Ewok centerfold! Mmmm!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

... the Gummi Bears, the Snorks, the Smurfs, Ewoks...
Okay, but when will you convert this material for us truly old schoolers, who cut our teeth on H. R. Pufnstuf, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Wonderbug, the Banana Splits, the Lost Saucer, etc. etc. etc.

If you can translate 3.x into 'AD&D', why not your Smurfs and Snorks into Sid & Marty Kroft characters...? Those are at least as strange as anything found in the Monster Manual or Fiend Folio of AD&D.... :shock:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

About a year ago, a buddy of mine in Jersey showed me a battered old videotape he had with some HR Pufnstuf, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Lidsville, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (which had a KICKING theme song!), and Bugaloos on it.

You're right...some of that would fit in a Monster Manual.

xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yeah, I'll see your Duckbunny and raise you a Lidsville...

Plot Synopsis from this site (http://www.70slivekidvid.com/lidd.htm): "After watching Merlino, the Magician perform his act, Mark went backstage and found Merlino's hat. When he touched it, the hat began to grow in size. While looking inside the hat, Mark fell inside it and ended up in Lidsville, a land filled with living hats.

Throughout the series, Mark made several attemts to make his way home. Trying to prevent Mark's departure was Hoo Doo, the Magician, who wrecked havok with his gang of bad hats. Mark was assited in his efforts by Weenie, the Genie and the various good hats. Mark rescued Weenie from the clutches of Hoo Doo by taking the magic ring, which gave the owner the power to order/control Weenie"

Mind you, for just that extra bit of strangeness, the boy Mark was played by Butch Patrick, who had been Edie on The Munsters.

To this day I still occasionally have dreams that feature the element of the opening title sequence where the kid falls into the magician's giant hat (it filled a room) and falls and falls (falling dreams, anyone?); I have never dreamed about a duckbunny. Ergo, Lidsville is stranger. Ergo, I win!

Of course, I'm using the term 'win' extremely loosely.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Those shows were a little bit before my time (born in '81), but I remember being little and watching reruns of Land of the Lost and even thinking that was bizzare.

And speaking of Land of the Lost, doesn't his remind you of a Sleestak:

Rick Maffei
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rick Maffei »

Man, was I a Sigmund and Land of the Lost* fanatic...

*And yes, I'll have to check out the new movie version.
Attachments
land_of_the_lost.jpg
land_of_the_lost.jpg (71.91 KiB) Viewed 33586 times
DCC #26 The Scaly God
DCC #60 Thrones of Punjar
Monstercology: Orcs
Age of Cthulhu 2: Madness in London Town
Co-author Age of Cthulhu 5: The Long Reach of Evil
Co-author 2006, 2007, 2008 Tourney DCCs

Visit Rick's RPG Blog Jabberwock's Rest
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

The new movie is going to star Will Farrell, the funniest man alive imho. This is one I'll have to see at the theater as soon as it comes out!.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”