Patron taint and / or god taint

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Patron taint and / or god taint

Post by BaophraT »

I'm working about gods again and I want to know how you do when you create a god with the patron taint rules. It's quite obvious these rules work for the wizards but do you applie them in the same way for the clerics ?

Thanks for your advices !
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Patron taint and / or god taint

Post by Raven_Crowking »

baophrat wrote:I'm working about gods again and I want to know how you do when you create a god with the patron taint rules. It's quite obvious these rules work for the wizards but do you applie them in the same way for the clerics ?

Thanks for your advices !
Generally, gods only have patron taint if they are also patrons.

Unique disapproval tables are, of course, sometimes worthwhile. Likewise, you should make your gods work however you want them to work - including giving special bonuses, spell lists, etc., to their clerics.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
BaophraT
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
FLGS: Rann sevenadurel ti Leclerc Kemper (a-barzh 2023)

Post by BaophraT »

Thanks for your answer. If I understand correctly the gods who are also patrons are therefore less powerful than the others since they agree to bargain with humans ?
Ar gwir c'hoarierien a daol diñsoù !
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

baophrat wrote:Thanks for your answer. If I understand correctly the gods who are also patrons are therefore less powerful than the others since they agree to bargain with humans ?
Or possibly more greedy.

Or perhaps have some other aspect to them that makes them willing to act as patrons.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

For the two deities worshiped by clerics in our game, I created a few extra spells, some of which are modifications of existing spells, a couple brand new. I then created lists of spells for each cleric that are a bit different - each list being more in line with the specific deity worshiped.

I also added a prayer/incantation for each spell and give out fleeting luck if the players remember to recite the prayer upon casting.

We will likely go on hiatus in a few weeks (or at least play far more sporadically) and I'm targeting custom disapproval results during that time....

Return to “DCC RPG General”