The pre-order shipments have left the printer!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: The pre-order shipments have left the printer!

Post by Geoffrey »

Harley Stroh wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:Oh, man. Canadians are already getting their copies, but mine still hasn't reached me in Colorado. :(
Off topic, but where in CO are you, Geoff? Do you make it to the Denver cons?

//H
No, some of my duties make that impossible. :(

I think I've figured out why some Canadians are receiving their books before me. Joseph said that the pre-orders were being shipped in waves. I submitted my pre-order only 1 or 2 days before the April 1st deadline, so I suspect my book will go out in the last pre-order wave.
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

I should have know that the gods would require that I order another copy - the limited edition gold foil cover - before having my initial standard version arrive. But sometimes one must take the risk and invoke the patron.

I squealed like a little girl when I heard the doorbell and saw the package leaning against the glass next to the front door.

Alas...no personal note from Joseph or Harley about how awesome I am...

...damn uncaring patrons...
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Jim, have I mentioned today how awesome you are? :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

My gold foil arrived in Lakeland Florida yesterday. It made it through the funnel but collected a few scars along the way to my house. The cover has a couple good sized dents on the back and one on the top corner of the spine. I was a little bummed about that at first but I guess it gives my copy some character. When I opened up the book the pages were in perfect shape and the art is so gorgeous that I forgot all about the dings and dents. This book was worth the wait. Well done Goodman Games!
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

goodmangames wrote:Jim, have I mentioned today how awesome you are? :)
:lol:

The feeling is moochal...
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Now roll on the Patron Taint chart on page 323. :mrgreen:
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Jim Skach
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Jim Skach »

Blood Axe wrote:

I don't know what you mean...

...but this conversation is making me thirsty...and I have to change shirts...
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

Jim Skach wrote:
Blood Axe wrote:

I don't know what you mean...

...but this conversation is making me thirsty...and I have to change shirts...
It's what you get for casting Invoke Patron all willy-nilly.
Sizzaxe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sizzaxe »

I got mine! I got mine!! I got mine!!! I am so freaking stoked! The book is awesome, just plain awesome. And I really can't fully explain but it came at exactly the right time for me gaming-wise. I am in true gaming heaven .... sigh :D .... can you tell I'm excited :D
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

Sizzaxe wrote:I got mine! I got mine!! I got mine!!! I am so freaking stoked! The book is awesome, just plain awesome. And I really can't fully explain but it came at exactly the right time for me gaming-wise. I am in true gaming heaven .... sigh :D .... can you tell I'm excited :D
I can tell you need decaf. :wink:
Sizzaxe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sizzaxe »

jeff wrote:
Sizzaxe wrote:I got mine! I got mine!! I got mine!!! I am so freaking stoked! The book is awesome, just plain awesome. And I really can't fully explain but it came at exactly the right time for me gaming-wise. I am in true gaming heaven .... sigh :D .... can you tell I'm excited :D
I can tell you need decaf. :wink:
lol :lol: And it aint just cuz I'm up at 11 posting on fora either :lol:
Zdanman
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Zdanman »

By all of the gods of Olympus and in by Arioch himself - I got my copy! In Poland! This fast! I am fucking stocked. This is a thing of beauty. Even the regular edition is magnificent. I found it funny that my copy shipped from Sweden of all places. That was a bit weird when picking up the mailbag from the post office. But all praise goes to Goodman Games - this is amazing service.

And my book has no damage whatsoever. None. The module also has no damage. I seldom was this happy at getting RPG product. :mrgreen:
frimbooze
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by frimbooze »

Guess what arrived today, Went to check the mail and saw two boxes, thought oh my order of Pegasus magazines is here and then when I got upstairs I saw the return address and was like YEA!!!!!!.
Attachments
001a.jpg
001a.jpg (229.98 KiB) Viewed 55521 times
Geoffrey
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Geoffrey »

Rocky Mountain thunder! I got mine today in Colorado. :mrgreen:
Click here to purchase my five AD&D modules.
Each of these modules is self-contained. No other books are required other than the three AD&D rulebooks (or a similar set of rules if you prefer).
Click here to purchase prints of Luigi Castellani's cover art for these modules.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

DCC finally found it's way here to Meridian, ID - just in time for an adaptation of Saga of the Dragon Cult this evening.

It's even bigger than my v20 rulebook, meaning it is now the biggest book on my shelf.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

TheNobleDrake wrote:DCC finally found it's way here to Meridian, ID - just in time for an adaptation of Saga of the Dragon Cult this evening.

It's even bigger than my v20 rulebook, meaning it is now the biggest book on my shelf.
Nice! Saga is a favorite of mine. Let us know how it goes!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
TheNobleDrake
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by TheNobleDrake »

Harley Stroh wrote:
TheNobleDrake wrote:DCC finally found it's way here to Meridian, ID - just in time for an adaptation of Saga of the Dragon Cult this evening.

Nice! Saga is a favorite of mine. Let us know how it goes!

//H
It's going great thus far - the party started their funnel with Legends are Made, Not Born since I am blending the Lords of the Kingdom adventure path suggestion from the Gazetteer of the Known Realms with 28 characters.

They are now in the middle of Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho, just after hiring on two new recruits to replace those killed in action - their party is now 7 members strong (1 per player, and for just a moment there they had 1 character of each class plus a spare warrior... the dwarf didn't want to wait around for the cleric to finish meditating, and the pair of warriors went along. The only one that came back was the warrior with an 18 luck... though his memories didn't make it back with him).

The only problems the group are having right now center on expectations they have from our Pathfinder campaigns leading them into "silly" behaviors like casting detect magic every single time they find any weapons or armor in usable condition, or asking me how long they are going to be in a town... they are slowly starting to realize the answer is always going to be "How long are you going to stay in town?"

I've received only a single complaint: My wife is upset that DCC means less time spent playing AD&D 2nd edition - and that we do not, at the moment (I think DCC will win her over in the end), have the same favorite game anymore.
Johnism
Gongfarmer

Post by Johnism »

The anticipation of getting this book is killing me! Living in Australia though I'm guessing that I still have a long wait ahead of me, but seeing the pics that people are uploading is building up my excitement. How are people finding the adventure module? Good??
wordack
Gongfarmer

Post by wordack »

Hi from Lyon, France where my book arrived this morning, just in time to play friday. :D
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

TheNobleDrake wrote: The only problems the group are having right now center on expectations they have from our Pathfinder campaigns leading them into "silly" behaviors like casting detect magic every single time they find any weapons or armor in usable condition, or asking me how long they are going to be in a town... they are slowly starting to realize the answer is always going to be "How long are you going to stay in town?"
That's hilarious. I'm having the same problem. Player says, "Can I do X?" I reply, "You can do \/\/hatever you want!" (repeat 10 times before they stop themselves at "Can my character...nevermind..."

I played 3.5 for a long time, but I guess I never noticed the "oh my character can't do that" mentality. Weird -- it's very apparent now.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I am in Toronto, Canada, and I still haven't gotten mine!

:evil:
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Booberry
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Booberry »

The mail cart just dropped mine off in great shape. It looks AMAZING—actually pretty shocked at how enormous it is.

I'm thinking about faking a migraine just so I can go home and read it.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Booberry wrote:The mail cart just dropped mine off in great shape. It looks AMAZING—actually pretty shocked at how enormous it is.

I'm thinking about faking a migraine just so I can go home and read it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAW!!! I have soooo wanted to do that!
DimitriX
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DimitriX »

ragboy wrote:
TheNobleDrake wrote: The only problems the group are having right now center on expectations they have from our Pathfinder campaigns leading them into "silly" behaviors like casting detect magic every single time they find any weapons or armor in usable condition, or asking me how long they are going to be in a town... they are slowly starting to realize the answer is always going to be "How long are you going to stay in town?"
That's hilarious. I'm having the same problem. Player says, "Can I do X?" I reply, "You can do \/\/hatever you want!" (repeat 10 times before they stop themselves at "Can my character...nevermind..."

I played 3.5 for a long time, but I guess I never noticed the "oh my character can't do that" mentality. Weird -- it's very apparent now.
Sent you a PM about gaming this Saturday.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

My book arrived to Hungary safe and sound.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.

Return to “DCC RPG General”