Ordering and the PDF

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Ordering and the PDF

Post by Thane »

As I understand it, I've lost out on the DCC "Doom of the Savage Kings" 66.5 adventure because I didn't order the limited edtion before April 1st. But if I order the standard DCC rpg, will I receive the DCC pdf at the same time I place the order?

Don't think I can wait another 3 or 4 weeks!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Ordering and the PDF

Post by Thane »

19 views and nobody can tell me if I get the pdf when I order the standard DCC rpg from the GG's store right now?

Throw me a line, I'm dying here! :mrgreen:
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
phg
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by phg »

Thane wrote:19 views and nobody can tell me if I get the pdf when I order the standard DCC rpg from the GG's store right now?

Throw me a line, I'm dying here! :mrgreen:
If I understand what you're asking, then no, I don't think you'll be able to get the PDF until it is released to the (non-preordering) public.
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

IIRC if you pre-order, you get the pdf, if your order isn't a pre-order, you don't get the pdf for free.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Ah, ok :|

Thanks
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

If you order the hardback when it's fully released to the public at the end of April, early May, do you still get the pdf bundled with it?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

I don't believe so. I think the Free PDF copy and printed module were exclusive incentives to the Pre-Order. There might be a copy of the module included in the first 1000 orders... but I doubt less than 1000 orders were made.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

reverenddak wrote:I don't believe so. I think the Free PDF copy and printed module were exclusive incentives to the Pre-Order. There might be a copy of the module included in the first 1000 orders... but I doubt less than 1000 orders were made.
Don't most rpg companies offer a free pdf if their game is purchased?

Some do, some don't I'd guess, but I'm hoping GG will.
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

Thane, your best bet is to order from Leisure Games. They were prepared to get in the pre-order deal (I would have gone with them until Joseph offered the $4 shipping) and they often bundle the pdf with the physical book.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Thane wrote:
reverenddak wrote:I don't believe so. I think the Free PDF copy and printed module were exclusive incentives to the Pre-Order. There might be a copy of the module included in the first 1000 orders... but I doubt less than 1000 orders were made.
Don't most rpg companies offer a free pdf if their game is purchased?

Some do, some don't I'd guess, but I'm hoping GG will.
Most rpg companies sell them seperate, or they sell a cheaper printed+pdf bundle. Usually you get a free pdf to pre-orders or for games which already give their pdf version free (eg. some retroclones).
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Stainless wrote:Thane, your best bet is to order from Leisure Games. They were prepared to get in the pre-order deal (I would have gone with them until Joseph offered the $4 shipping) and they often bundle the pdf with the physical book.
Good idea,

Thank you

EDIT: There's nothing about a 'DCC' rpg in Leisuregames' 11th April releases, and nothing in their pre-orders section. I also phoned them and of course, it's a bank holiday so I won't hear anything until tomorrow at least.

So frustrating seeing as I now have the funds to pre-order
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

It's too early for Edesvium to have picked up on DCC RPG and so Leisure Games won't mention it either (Edsevium is their main (only?) distributor). I made enquiries of Leisure Games some time ago and they confirmed that they could pre-order it (you were active on the thread where I posted this info. Perhaps you missed it.). Thus, I think your luck is out with getting the pre-order bundle (too late), but in the fulness of time, it will be available at Leisure Games. There's a good chance you will be able to pick it up as a book + pdf bundle at a price somewhat lower than the two seperately.
Thane wrote:
Stainless wrote:Thane, your best bet is to order from Leisure Games. They were prepared to get in the pre-order deal (I would have gone with them until Joseph offered the $4 shipping) and they often bundle the pdf with the physical book.
Good idea,

Thank you

EDIT: There's nothing about a 'DCC' rpg in Leisuregames' 11th April releases, and nothing in their pre-orders section. I also phoned them and of course, it's a bank holiday so I won't hear anything until tomorrow at least.

So frustrating seeing as I now have the funds to pre-order
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Well, it's not as if there aren't other rpgs on the market.

I can wait.

Return to “DCC RPG General”