DCC preorder : international shipping ?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Antoine_F
Gongfarmer

DCC preorder : international shipping ?

Post by Antoine_F »

Hi,

I am sorry if this was already covered but I can't find how to preorder the DCC RPG with international shipping.
Is there an option in the store or can I add the additional cost manualy in paypal ?

Thanks for the answer. I can wait to order my gold foil copy !

Best,
Antoine
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: DCC preorder : international shipping ?

Post by Stainless »

I don't have an answer for you, but I have been investigating obtaining the limited edition pre-order bundle in the UK. So far Gameslore have very courteously replied to let me know that they would not be able to do this as it would not be profitable for them. Leisure Games have making inquiries (most likely of Esdevium Games, the UK's main (only?) RPG distributor) so I await their reply.

I suspect we international people will have to purchase online, and stomach the relatively high shipping charge (the price of an adventure module or supplement).
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
BoneLord
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BoneLord »

Hi,

i've just post the same question some topic below. Joseph said that the international shipping option should be available in the next few days :-)

Absolutely Wanna that AWESOME DCC RPG Collector's Edition !!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Stainless wrote:I don't have an answer for you, but I have been investigating obtaining the limited edition pre-order bundle in the UK. So far Gameslore have very courteously replied to let me know that they would not be able to do this as it would not be profitable for them. Leisure Games have making inquiries (most likely of Esdevium Games, the UK's main (only?) RPG distributor) so I await their reply.

I suspect we international people will have to purchase online, and stomach the relatively high shipping charge (the price of an adventure module or supplement).
Regarding ordering the gold foil version through international retailers: the gold foil edition is being distributed through our normal distributors, which includes Esdevium and other Uk distributors. Your local retailer should be able to place a pre-order at their usual terms from their distributor. We just listed the item with distributors so their may be some confusion around it being a new item. Please tell them to order sku GMG5007F and let me know if you have any issues. (Note: the gold foil edition is being printed in limited quantities so if they want to gee one for you, make sure they put in their pre-order!)

As for international shipping if you do want to order direct, it is your lucky day: go ahead and place an order with the existing $4 shipping charge. Long story short I would be happy to subsidize a bit of enthusiasm early on, and it's easier than dealing with some of Paypal's quirks. So: $4 international shipping. Spread the word. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

goodmangames wrote:As for international shipping if you do want to order direct, it is your lucky day: go ahead and place an order with the existing $4 shipping charge. Long story short I would be happy to subsidize a bit of enthusiasm early on, and it's easier than dealing with some of Paypal's quirks. So: $4 international shipping. Spread the word. :)
How long will this last?
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Antoine_F
Gongfarmer

Post by Antoine_F »

Preorder placed !

Thanks Joseph. I really appreciate this.
You rock !

Best,
Antoine
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

That's a very generous offer Joseph and much appreciated. To be fair to Leisure Games, I'll wait for their reply just in case they can match it (which would allow me to support a bricks and mortar shop). However, I suspect your deal will be the winner.

Now I'm off to spread the word.
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

goodmangames wrote:As for international shipping if you do want to order direct, it is your lucky day: go ahead and place an order with the existing $4 shipping charge. Long story short I would be happy to subsidize a bit of enthusiasm early on, and it's easier than dealing with some of Paypal's quirks. So: $4 international shipping. Spread the word. :)
This made buying the game affordable, at least for me. My dad refused to pay 70$ on an rpg :( but with 55$, I convinced him :P

How exactly do I do this? I've clicked on Italy in the checkout page, and it added a whooping 20$ :( Do I have to select US, then indicate an Italian address to receive it?
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

It's interesting, for me, there's no option to calculate shipping, just a flat $4 charge with the normal DCC RPG book. The only matter is that I won't have enough spare money till the middle of March, this is why I have to know how long this lasts.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
BoneLord
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by BoneLord »

OMG! :shock:

International order placed! :D

Thank you Joseph, it's very kind of you.

I'll follow with interest the future DCC modules publication. There is some idea about the adventure modules output rate on the market? Each one, two, three months?

Thank you,
Bone
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

BoneLord wrote:I'll follow with interest the future DCC modules publication. There is some idea about the adventure modules output rate on the market? Each one, two, three months?
Well, the first 8 modules are written with cover art complete. They'll be going to editing shortly. Actually, Mike Curtis just finished his next draft so I guess 9 are written, now that I think about it. As for the speed of release, probably 2-3 a month early on to give people lots of adventures to use, then it will slow to 1-2 a month after a while.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
crabus
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by crabus »

abk108 wrote: How exactly do I do this? I've clicked on Italy in the checkout page, and it added a whooping 20$ :( Do I have to select US, then indicate an Italian address to receive it?
If you use the "Add to cart" of this page : http://www.goodman-games.com/store-dcc.html# , the international shipping fee (20$) is added
But if you use the "Add to Cart" of this page : http://www.goodman-games.com/store.html# , the shipping fee stay 4$ during the whole process.
DCCRPG Lille (france) : http://dccrpglille.blogspot.fr/
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

goodmangames wrote:...Actually, Mike Curtis just finished his next draft so I guess 9 are written, now that I think about it.
Will you let me out of the cage now, please? :D
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
raskal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by raskal »

International order placed to France. Thanks Joseph.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Might order another one at that shipping cost.....
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Will the game be available from online stores in the uk like leisuregames, gameslore etc?
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

Thane wrote:Will the game be available from online stores in the uk like leisuregames, gameslore etc?
They will stock Goodman Games items in the normal manner. However, I've already contacted Gameslore and they have told me they can't/won't handle the pre-order. Leisure Games have told me they are making inquiries, but have not come back to me yet on the result of those. I've held off until now, but have decided to pull the trigger on the limited edition pre-order offer direct from GG at the $4 shipping rate.
Thane
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Thane »

Stainless wrote:
Thane wrote:Will the game be available from online stores in the uk like leisuregames, gameslore etc?
They will stock Goodman Games items in the normal manner. However, I've already contacted Gameslore and they have told me they can't/won't handle the pre-order. Leisure Games have told me they are making inquiries, but have not come back to me yet on the result of those. I've held off until now, but have decided to pull the trigger on the limited edition pre-order offer direct from GG at the $4 shipping rate.
$4 shipping rate? That's really good value.

Count me in!
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". ~ Voltaire
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

Thane wrote:
Stainless wrote:
$4 shipping rate? That's really good value.

Count me in!
See Crabus's link, above.
onearmspence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by onearmspence »

International order placed! :D
Gunther Vielgesang
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Gunther Vielgesang »

crabus wrote:If you use the "Add to cart" of this page : http://www.goodman-games.com/store-dcc.html# , the international shipping fee (20$) is added
But if you use the "Add to Cart" of this page : http://www.goodman-games.com/store.html# , the shipping fee stay 4$ during the whole process.
Oh no! I've placed my order last week and paid $20 for international shipping. :( :( :(
claytonian
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by claytonian »

I don't know how to get that 5 dollar deal either. Even when I go to the paypal page it says $20.
claytonian
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by claytonian »

Ah, never mind, when I actually log in on paypal, the shipping changes to $5 like arcane magic hath been worked on it.

Unfortunately, Paypal is saying it can't ship to Japan and won't let me choose a new country. Well, that's a problem between me and them that I'll have to sort out.
abk108
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by abk108 »

I've logged in with paypal and everything, this is what I'm asked :( Now it includes the extra module... for 39.99 :(

Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing…: $39,99 Quantity:1
DCC RPG includes DCC66.5 with pre-o…: $39,99 Quantity:1

Item Total $79.98
Postage & Handling $24,00

Total $103.98

:(
Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more :
http://arcanixrpg.webs.com
Spoofer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spoofer »

I had a bit of a hard time too but I just did it. :D You need to follow the correct link (see ealier post). You will know you are in the correct place if the shipping cost does not have a drop down menu for choosing countries beside it.

Also, the first time I was buying DCC RPG but it did not say "includes DCC66.5 with pre-order" even though the item number (Item # GMG5070) was the same. I doubt it makes a difference but my luck stat right now is 4 (My gods and I disagree on a few things) so I did not want to push it.

K.

Return to “DCC RPG General”