Remind the world that DCC RPG is coming out

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Remind the world that DCC RPG is coming out

Post by Stainless »

Over on rpg.net there is one of those inevitable threads about what you're looking forward to in 2012.

Link

Currently 81 responses and I'm the only one so far to mention DCC RPG.

Whatcha waiting for? Get on over there and remind the world that DCC RPG is coming soon!
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
shadewest
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Remind the world that DCC RPG is coming out

Post by shadewest »

I've run DCC RPG in public for three weekends straight. Put up my Hugh poster at my table every time. I just haven't really been paying too much attention to other message boards. Got the job done, though.
...unless the judge rules otherwise.

Steven Thivierge
Playtester and additional design for:DCC RPG.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

shadewest wrote:I just haven't really been paying too much attention to other message boards. Got the job done, though.
I have a few key boards I visit a lot, but I don't want to keep saying the same thing to the same people because I don't want to turn them off to the game. You have to be careful how often you plug a game.

Putting something about DCC in your signature is a neat way to spread the word, and it's more subtle. :wink:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
shadewest
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by shadewest »

All right, I can do that, but this is really the only board I check every day anymore.

Steven Thivierge
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

shadewest wrote:All right, I can do that, but this is really the only board I check every day anymore.
I suppose you could remind us every day that the game is coming out.

Oh, wait ... that was the Countdown thread. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
shadewest
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by shadewest »

Seriously, I've got a game starting up this weekend, and I've been doing oneshots at various local RPG events for a few weeks now. I'm really trying here! @Finarvyn: any more suggestions for attracting players?

Steven Thivierge
Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Stainless »

The world's a big place so physically getting the word out is not going to be very efficient. Obviously the most efficient way is to use the Internet, and that mainly means forums and blogs with podcasts as a third line. The buzz material has already been and gone (beta, product announcements, art previews, free poster) so I suppose the next big thing will be the release (I'm not expecting any more developer's notes at this stage). When that happens, good reviews of the book will probably be the best info to give out. Perhaps Joseph will be free enough then to do some podcast interviews (e.g., I was on the fence about Night's Black Agents until I heard the interview with Ken Hite on "The Game's the Thing"; I bought it straight away). We should all gird our loins and prepare to convincingly explain the character funnel, funky dice and tables as those will likely be the major nay-sayer fears to allay. Lastly, actual-play podcast recordings would also be some positive PR as they will most clearly demonstrate the feel of gameplay. Like WotC did their 4e videos with those chicken people, GG could do a gameplay podcast and put it on their web site. (e.g., I've recently been listening to a The One Ring actual play podcast while driving to and from work and I've found it an excellent way to learn the rules without having to read the book!)
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)

Return to “DCC RPG General”