Dave Trampier as Art Inspiration !?!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Wilmanric
Gongfarmer

Dave Trampier as Art Inspiration !?!

Post by Wilmanric »

Hi all,

P. 4 lists some awesome and deserving artists as inspirations for the book -- with one notable exception.
That you understand and appreciate certain visual hieroglyphs derived from denizens of the higher planes whose deific identities among mortals are rendered, in the Common tongue, Otus, Easley, Roslof, Holloway, Caldwell, and Dee.
Dave Trampier!

There's a bunch of Tramp inspired art in the book. Heck, there's a tribute of sorts on p. 49.

I'm posting here as a sort of petition to get his name included in the book. Please! :)

Post a reply if you agree with me!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Dave Trampier as Art Inspiration !?!

Post by Treebore »

Wilmanric wrote:Hi all,

P. 4 lists some awesome and deserving artists as inspirations for the book -- with one notable exception.
That you understand and appreciate certain visual hieroglyphs derived from denizens of the higher planes whose deific identities among mortals are rendered, in the Common tongue, Otus, Easley, Roslof, Holloway, Caldwell, and Dee.
Dave Trampier!

There's a bunch of Tramp inspired art in the book. Heck, there's a tribute of sorts on p. 49.

I'm posting here as a sort of petition to get his name included in the book. Please! :)

Post a reply if you agree with me!

I think it is more because Joe was able to ask for permission from the listed artists. Trampier won't talk to anyone.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Wilmanric
Gongfarmer

Post by Wilmanric »

I think it is more because Joe was able to ask for permission from the listed artists. Trampier won't talk to anyone.
Well, I suppose that could be the case, but it's still a shame. He's such an iconic artist.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

No problem, I'll add him to the list! He should have been in there anyway...don't know why I missed him.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Abacus Ape
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Abacus Ape »

Awesome. Tramp should be on that list. Him and Otus are the Mick and Keef show of classic RPG art!
Leg1on
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Leg1on »

Abacus Ape wrote:Awesome. Tramp should be on that list. Him and Otus are the Mick and Keef show of classic RPG art!
What you said. All of it.

Legion
Sizzaxe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Sizzaxe »

Wow. I've always considered myself "old school" but I'll tell you what, I have learned so much about old school artists since I jumped into DCC it's humbling. Which tells us two things really, old dogs can learn a thing or two, and DCC is doing a great job preserving and perpetuating the old school tradition. And of course taking it to a whole new level. I loved Trampier's stuff and didn't even know it was his til I looked some of it up!

Thanks again DCC!

Return to “DCC RPG General”