Warriors and MDoA's

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, michaelcurtis, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: Warriors and MDoA's

Post by jmucchiello »

moes1980 wrote:I am hoping that the rules provide fairly regiours guid lines about what each level of an MDoA can do. Something like this:

3+: only an action or a move, can't combine both. Cannot cause any effect that would last more than a single round. The highest penaltiy that can be bestowed is 1d3

4+: Only single action, cannot do both a move and an attack, only one. any wound effects last for d3 rounds (or turns, or what ever the term might be). Roll d4 to derteman any penalties to die rolls

7+: Can do both a move and an attack, including great leaps and acrobatic stunts. Can inflict a permanent penatly of d4, or a tempory penalty equal to d7 for 3d4 rounds. (so one eye could be gouged out maybe, but not both for total blidness)

Special attacks avaliable for any level of MDoA:

Disarm: Opponent makes a reflex save equal to 10+ a roll of the fighters bonus die. If fail the opponet drops his weapon
trip: Opponent makes a reflex save equal to 10+ a roll of the fighters bonus die
Acrobatic stunt: Get to make a move equal to half your speed +roll of the bonus die with out suffering free wacks from opponents.
Subdual: Instead of inflicting normal damage, inflict 1d4+bouns die+str damage. Enemy must make fort save dc 10+subdual damage delt or fall unconsious (only works on huminoids)
Shove enemy:
Grapple:
Shild shatter
Shild bash
Throw enemy to ground:
I want to point out that I said guidelines, not rigorous guidelines. This is too regimented for me. I was thinking more like:

Target
number: attempted effect
3: disarm or knockdown or knock 5' backward or trip and opponent or sand in eyes (or other 1 round distraction)
5: automatic grapple or lockdown of weapon or knock backward/sideways 10+ feet or attack second rank ignoring first rank or any d3+1 round distraction or spread attack against two foes
7: called shots causing disabled limbs for up to d5 rounds or multi-opponent disarm or multi-opponent trip or taking something held in opponent's hand (like a weapon or magical doodad.)
9: Attacking multiple first and second rank targets or any multi-target attack using one opponent as weapon against other target(s) or dismembering opponent's limb(s)
11: ripping a still-beating heart out of an opponent (or shooting an organ out the back of an opponent with a bow&arrow).

See. Simple.
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

jmucchiello wrote:
moes1980 wrote:I am hoping that the rules provide fairly regiours guid lines about what each level of an MDoA can do. Something like this:

3+: only an action or a move, can't combine both. Cannot cause any effect that would last more than a single round. The highest penaltiy that can be bestowed is 1d3

4+: Only single action, cannot do both a move and an attack, only one. any wound effects last for d3 rounds (or turns, or what ever the term might be). Roll d4 to derteman any penalties to die rolls

7+: Can do both a move and an attack, including great leaps and acrobatic stunts. Can inflict a permanent penatly of d4, or a tempory penalty equal to d7 for 3d4 rounds. (so one eye could be gouged out maybe, but not both for total blidness)

Special attacks avaliable for any level of MDoA:

Disarm: Opponent makes a reflex save equal to 10+ a roll of the fighters bonus die. If fail the opponet drops his weapon
trip: Opponent makes a reflex save equal to 10+ a roll of the fighters bonus die
Acrobatic stunt: Get to make a move equal to half your speed +roll of the bonus die with out suffering free wacks from opponents.
Subdual: Instead of inflicting normal damage, inflict 1d4+bouns die+str damage. Enemy must make fort save dc 10+subdual damage delt or fall unconsious (only works on huminoids)
Shove enemy:
Grapple:
Shild shatter
Shild bash
Throw enemy to ground:
I want to point out that I said guidelines, not rigorous guidelines. This is too regimented for me. I was thinking more like:

Target
number: attempted effect
3: disarm or knockdown or knock 5' backward or trip and opponent or sand in eyes (or other 1 round distraction)
5: automatic grapple or lockdown of weapon or knock backward/sideways 10+ feet or attack second rank ignoring first rank or any d3+1 round distraction or spread attack against two foes
7: called shots causing disabled limbs for up to d5 rounds or multi-opponent disarm or multi-opponent trip or taking something held in opponent's hand (like a weapon or magical doodad.)
9: Attacking multiple first and second rank targets or any multi-target attack using one opponent as weapon against other target(s) or dismembering opponent's limb(s)
11: ripping a still-beating heart out of an opponent (or shooting an organ out the back of an opponent with a bow&arrow).

See. Simple.
Well, lets say I am a player, and I say "I want to run and slide under the legs of the ogre to avoid a free whack, and than climb up his back and string my rope around his neck to start choking him to death." What level of MDoA would that be? I think we both agree that it shouldnt be totally subjective to GM ruling, but at the same time it is not realisitc to expect every example of that to be listed on a chart. But with my chart, we know that it involves not only a move but an acrobatic stunt plus an action. The action could clearly be rulled an attempted grapple. This sounds like at least a 7+ MDoA. (Normally the grapple check can be attempted at any level but in this case, its being combined with an acrobaitc stunt so it is a tougher MDoA). So the player rolls to hit, will assume he dose hit, and rolls 7+ on the bonus die. So far, the pc managed to slide under the ogre's legs and bound up on to its back without allowing it a free whack. However, he still has to succed on the grapple check. The player rolls his bonus die and adds the result to 10, and the ogre makes a reflex save vs that number. If he succeds the player falls off the ogres back, but is still behind the ogre. If he fails, the player succeds, and can do 1d4 subdual against the ogres con score. Each turn the ogre can try to throw the player off with an apposed strength checks.

In this way, the play gets to think up of cool stuff, and there is a guide line about what level of MDoA that is. With your chart, I am not sure what level that would be. The +5 one indicates an automatic grapple but it dose not mention if the player can combine that with running (an additional move action) under the legs of the ogre and bounding up its back to avoid the free whack. Can the GM rule that:

"ok, but since you have to run up to the ogre he gets a free whack"?
And than the player could retorts: "but its my MDoA, you shouldnt get a free whack as I run by,"
GM reply: "your MDoA is your running up its back and auto grappling, but your still moving around it so its still a free whack on you..."

And, do we really want to say that a 5+ would auto grapple an ogre?

GM: "Becuse its an ogre your trying to grapple im going to rule that its a 7+ MDo A and not 5+'"
PLayer: "but thats not what it says! it says auto grapple opponet and has no limits on the size, this is my 5+ MDoA after all, and the chart says its fine..."

and thus the dissagrements ensue. I think auto grappling another human should be tougher than grappling a 9 foot tall ogre but it appears to be the same difficulty based on that chart. Thats why I would do away with the auto grapple and give the enemy some kind of save, much the way a MU has to both succed on a spell casting check and his oppenet gets a save, at least in certain situations. Also, with your chart,the player could say "im going to attempt a +5 MDoA to auto grapple the ogre" and he dose not need to really explain how he is going to do that. But the other chart dose not list what you can do, it lists what you can't do and only in terms of mechanics. I think this gives alot more freedom for players to think up of their own level appropiate MDoAs rather than listing actions or examples of actions. I don't want to look at a list of options and have to pick one or something similar, I want to think up of my own MDoA and have a list of what mechanical limitations exist based on my skill level.

another example:

Player: I want to swing on the rigging of the ship to knock an apponet off of the edge of the ship and into the ocean.
GM looks at chart and finds that, say, a 6+ (or what ever level the game desingers decides makes sense) MDoA allows for an acrobatic stunt plus action (in the case, the closest thing is a bull rush) but dose not avoid free whacks. "So, you can either do that stunt as a level 6+ and take a free whack, or do it as a level 7+ stunt, and avoid the free whacks, but its tougher to pull off."
Player: "I will do the one that avoids the free whack" and makes the rolls. If he succeds, he got to get from one side of the ship to the other with no free wahcks, and gets to pull of an apposed strength check to shove the enemy off the edge of the ship." (maybe if he rolls a 6+ he still pulls off the stunt but suffers free whacks, and maybe if he makes a 5 plus, he can do the stunt with no free whacks, but cant do the bull rush, and maybe a 4+ means he swings up to the enemy, suffering free whacks, and gets no attacks, 3+ means he gets to swing halfway across the ship, and others is a fail. I dont know if we would want to do it this way or just have a fail be a fail).

And, my favorite part, if the player rolls a natural one the dm can say "you swing by, every one gets a free whack on you thats in yoru path of travel, you swing out over the edge of the ship and lose your grip, and fall into the ocean yourself." If the player was just trying to swing down, and nothing else than a fumble could just be "you lose your grip and fall to the deck, suffering 1d6 damage."

Another example:

an enemy with a spear is charging an enemy standing ont he edge of a cliff. The player states "I want to do a MDoA where, as the enemy charges, I grab the spear and polevault him over and into the cliff."

How would you rule which level of MDoA that is? Well, no move action, and its basically an opposed action. It most closely matches a "throw opponet to the ground" so, when the enemy charges, and on the enemies turn (asumming the player declared his MDoA action during his own turn) could make apposed rolls against the enemies attack roll. If the player rolls a 3+ he succeds at throwng the enemy to the ground, which is the cliff, where there is not ground, and he falls to his death. Of course, having higher bonus dice will make this MDoA more easy to pull off since its an apposed attack, but the player still has to beat the enemy's attack roll AND roll 3+ on the action die.

Even with my shotty table that I threw together on the fly, I feel like there is pretty good guidence on how to handle all kinds of MDoAs and could probably fit on a chart that takes the same space as a single MU spell or maybe even less.
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

Sorry about all the grammer mistakes in that post, I shuold have proof read it better :(
talmor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by talmor »

Maybe I'm a freak, or far too lenient of a GM, but I don't see the need for ascending "DC" of the MDoA. The 3 or better works fine for me.

I'd rather have the players dodging under the ogres legs and climbing on it's back than standing there and hitting it with a sword. I fear that if you make the DC too high, well, two things happen.

1) Low level players won't even bother trying them, since the DC is so high and their die is so low

or

2) Players won't try them at all, since the odds are against them pulling them off, and a failure might put them in a worse position than if they had just attacked with their sword in the first place.

None of the "high DC" MDoA's sounded crazy unbalancing to me, so I'd probably stick to the flat "3" for all MDoA's.
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

talmor wrote:None of the "high DC" MDoA's sounded crazy unbalancing to me, so I'd probably stick to the flat "3" for all MDoA's.
You really think a 1st level fighter with a spear with no str bonus should have a 17% chance off putting spear through the front rank mook and pinning the second rank mook to him. (33% for roll 3 on d3 times 50% chance to hit a fellow first level mook = 17%).

After the first time that works all the fighters in your party will start carrying spears and lances and attempting to put them through people to strike the guys behind them.
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

moes1980 wrote:Even with my shotty table that I threw together on the fly, I feel like there is pretty good guidence on how to handle all kinds of MDoAs and could probably fit on a chart that takes the same space as a single MU spell or maybe even less.
My shoddy thrown together table is no more or less shoddy than yours and it isn't meant to be. What it is meant to be is simple and colorful (try ripping out a still beating heart with a mace). Gödel's incompleteness theorems apply here. RPGs cannot cover all bases to for all groups for all situations. If mathematicians can't create rule systems for natural numbers what possible chance is there to do it with things involving words and ideas.

I will now revise my list to help avoid arguments based on your work.

Target
number: attempted effect or modifier
----
+/-100: any time the DM damn well likes, double this modifier if someone complains.
+1 or more: if combined with a move or fancy maneuver.
+/-1 or more: depending on relative size of combatants.
----
11: ripping a still-beating heart out of an opponent (or shooting an organ out the back of an opponent with a bow&arrow)
talmor
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by talmor »

jmucchiello wrote: You really think a 1st level fighter with a spear with no str bonus should have a 17% chance off putting spear through the front rank mook and pinning the second rank mook to him. (33% for roll 3 on d3 times 50% chance to hit a fellow first level mook = 17%).

After the first time that works all the fighters in your party will start carrying spears and lances and attempting to put them through people to strike the guys behind them.
Yeah, I guess I rather do. I want my players to at least TRY cool things and interesting tactics. I want the fighters to be more engaged with the fight than just saying "I attack the next nearest goblin." I want them to be thinking and coming up with cool maneuvers, esp. if it involves fighting dirty and SMART.

Heck, I'd give them a partial success if it is a cool idea--if they try to throw dirt in the goblins face to blind him, and they DON'T get a 3+, I might give them a (very) minor effect for it. Anything to spare me the drone of combat.

Besides, the escalating idea seems to me WORSE than what happens now in 3.x/Pathfinder. At least in those systems the difficulties remain the same (-4 or provoke an attack of opportunity or the like), so anyone can at least TRY to trip/disarm/bullrush/feint of the like. With the escalating DC's, it seems like you're saying to the players "you're only level 2, you CAN'T do that cool thing you wanted to."

If I heard that as a player I'd rather play ANY other game, where at least I can TRY it. From what I understand, DCC RPG is supposed to be a game where players are encouraged to try interesting/cool things. Setting hard limits to what can and can't be done seems to go against that very idea.

Now, I don't want the players ALWAY'S trying the same maneuvers, but if they're doing that either I need to talk to them, or I'm failing as a GM and making all my fights seem really, really similar to the players.

I want to see my fighters using the MDoA's like FATE points, where they are "tagging" aspects of the scene--using the fact that they're battling over lava or in an arena or in a banquet hall or the like to THEIR advantage.
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

talmor wrote:
jmucchiello wrote: You really think a 1st level fighter with a spear with no str bonus should have a 17% chance off putting spear through the front rank mook and pinning the second rank mook to him. (33% for roll 3 on d3 times 50% chance to hit a fellow first level mook = 17%).

Yeah, I guess I rather do. I want my players to at least TRY cool things and interesting tactics. I want the fighters to be more engaged with the fight than just saying "I attack the next nearest goblin." I want them to be thinking and coming up with cool maneuvers, esp. if it involves fighting dirty and SMART.

Heck, I'd give them a partial success if it is a cool idea--if they try to throw dirt in the goblins face to blind him, and they DON'T get a 3+, I might give them a (very) minor effect for it. Anything to spare me the drone of combat.

Besides, the escalating idea seems to me WORSE than what happens now in 3.x/Pathfinder. At least in those systems the difficulties remain the same (-4 or provoke an attack of opportunity or the like), so anyone can at least TRY to trip/disarm/bullrush/feint of the like. With the escalating DC's, it seems like you're saying to the players "you're only level 2, you CAN'T do that cool thing you wanted to."

If I heard that as a player I'd rather play ANY other game, where at least I can TRY it. From what I understand, DCC RPG is supposed to be a game where players are encouraged to try interesting/cool things. Setting hard limits to what can and can't be done seems to go against that very idea.

Now, I don't want the players ALWAY'S trying the same maneuvers, but if they're doing that either I need to talk to them, or I'm failing as a GM and making all my fights seem really, really similar to the players.

I want to see my fighters using the MDoA's like FATE points, where they are "tagging" aspects of the scene--using the fact that they're battling over lava or in an arena or in a banquet hall or the like to THEIR advantage.
I think you might be right about the escalating die thing. At least, with using my table, I rolled a bunch of practice dice and the higher MDoA (say, trying to pull of a +7) turned out to be so tough that I think most high level fighters would only attempt lower MDoA, making the higher more fancy ones mostly off limits. So I think I am going to scratch my table idea, and I think you might be onto something regarding the problem with escilating target numbers.

Also, I took another look at Goodman's examples and I think I have been thinking about this whole MDoA thing all wrong. His examples are not to similar to what I have been thinking off. It seemed like each example involved an actual attack, so I don't know if trying to grapple some one or disarm some one would count as a MDoA. Goodman had one example that I THOUGHT was a player throwing an enemy off of a stair carse but it is actually an enemy STABBING and enemy and then lifting them up and over and off of the stairs while the enemy is impaled on the sword (way cooler than just throwing them off with a grapple check). And the example about hitting some one in the eyes? well, making an attack to hit some one in the eyes might not be a MDoA either becuase in this case, it was no normal attempt to attack the eyes of an enemy but to shut down a basilisk's stare. So maybe I am not conceputalzing it right. Your idea bout fate points and "tagging the scene" I think are dead on about what an MDoA should be.

[quote="jmucchiello
I will now revise my list to help avoid arguments based on your work.

Target
number: attempted effect or modifier
----
+/-100: any time the DM damn well likes, double this modifier if someone complains.
+1 or more: if combined with a move or fancy maneuver.
+/-1 or more: depending on relative size of combatants.
----
11: ripping a still-beating heart out of an opponent (or shooting an organ out the back of an opponent with a bow&arrow)[/quote]

I still don't like this list (and I dont like my list any more either as I explain below). To me, it says all I can pretty much do at level one with a MDoA is eitehr 1. disarm 2. knock down 3. knock back 5 feet 4. trip/sand in eye or other 1 round distraction (and distraction and other similar used terms would need to be defined). Nothing there about lunging off the back of a pale, smashing out the eyes of a carven image shooting lazer beams (or what ever it was), or other stuff is in there (again, my list failed too).

To me, that sounds like I only have those 4 options when thinking of what MDoA I want to do. What if I want to get away without allowing a free whack? what if I want to slide down a banister? you include fancy maneuver as a modifer, but what if that is all I want to do? what if mage is trying to escape through a portal and I am 15 feet away and I want to throw my sword at him as he tries to flee? am I not allowed to throw my sword at level one because that it requires to much skill? Is that a different attack not covered by the MDoA?

I wanted to make guidlines to allow players to come up with that stuff, not limit them to a list, and be a real guidline that both players and Gms can use to maintain balance and consistancy in the game. But, I am starting to see that that wont work. My list, in the end, is just as limiting as yours (and mine probably is a bit more...maybe cumbersome is the word I am looking for?). But any way, I don't like either list any more and I think I have to reverse my position on the idea that increasing the challange as you level up is the wrong way to go. To complicated and, probably not neccesary. Just need some even more general guide lines than what I was talking about, and Goodman already said those exist, we just haven't seen them yet.

UGh, i wish the beta would release already so I can start playing the game rather than rambling about the game :P
stacktrace
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stacktrace »

talmor wrote:Maybe I'm a freak, or far too lenient of a GM, but I don't see the need for ascending "DC" of the MDoA. The 3 or better works fine for me.

I'd rather have the players dodging under the ogres legs and climbing on it's back than standing there and hitting it with a sword. I fear that if you make the DC too high, well, two things happen.

1) Low level players won't even bother trying them, since the DC is so high and their die is so low

or

2) Players won't try them at all, since the odds are against them pulling them off, and a failure might put them in a worse position than if they had just attacked with their sword in the first place.

None of the "high DC" MDoA's sounded crazy unbalancing to me, so I'd probably stick to the flat "3" for all MDoA's.
Agree with this 100% Keep the system fast and loose. I do worry that the listed MDoAs seem too powerful, but a DC based system is not the answer. I do not know what is the answer, but trying to define specific numbers for such an open system is a near impossible task, and inevitably will invoke arguements and delays in the game.

It sounds like the players need every little advantage they can get, the odds for survival are stacked against them. So perhaps the power level of MDoAs is largely irrelevant. It is fun for the players to attempt crazy stunts and cheer and whoop at the table, sounds like a good time. Pathfinder scratches the itch of a more regimented tactical combat, DCC is sounding like the game where everyone holds their breath with every die roll and lets their imaginations run wild.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

It sounds pretty clear there will be guidelines in the rulebook. No instant kills, etc. It'll probably assume that every GM is unique, and what is reasonable to one will not necessarily fly with another.

Keeping it Fun and Fast is key. I don't want warriors referring to a chart or pile of cards every time they swing their sword.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

moes1980 wrote:I wanted to make guidlines to allow players to come up with that stuff, not limit them to a list,
My "list" has never been exclusive. It is GUIDELINES. Not RULES. I've said that several times now. The list has suggestions to give the DM a feeling for the general power level of rolling 3 or better OR 7 or better. That's it. Given that the table allows +/-100 for DM whim I don't see why people object to it. Perhaps I failed to state one other thing: these guidelines are DM's eyes only. The players should not look at the list and cherry pick it for attack ideas. They should just say what they want to accomplish. What actually happens is up to the DM, as always.

Player: "I want to poke his eyes out", rolls a 4 on MDoA die.
DM: "You manage knock his sword arm backwards into his face. They way he's blinking and screaming expletives makes it seem like he can't see, for now."
DM: (on opponent's turn) "He swings wildly missing you by a mile."
DM: (a round later) "His eyes stop tearing and he looks straight at you in anger...."

As for attacking non-living targets, shouldn't that be covered by the normal combat rules? A stationary non-living target has an AC of 10 and if you do 5 hp of damage to it, the "craven image" is destroyed. You don't need to be a fighter to deface property, do you? It's not the like non-moving target can defend itself. If it can, it's a monster and treat it as such.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

jmucchiello wrote:
moes1980 wrote:...What actually happens is up to the DM, as always...
I think this is where the root of the problem lives. Unfortunately, as my experience with the RPGA and my own home-games for the past decade has proven, what "actually happens" isn't "always" up to the DM. It's what I was used to when I first played D&D, but not what the current generation of gamers are comfortable with (I blame video games.) This actually cause the biggest problems with my current group(s). This is also way beyond the scope of this thread.

I sweat just thinking about how to handle this when I teach the game. (i.m.h.o. some modern gamers are spoiled/brats.)

It really sucks because this is how I LOVE to play the game.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

reverenddak wrote:
jmucchiello wrote:
moes1980 wrote:...What actually happens is up to the DM, as always...
I think this is where the root of the problem lives. Unfortunately, as my experience with the RPGA and my own home-games for the past decade has proven, what "actually happens" isn't "always" up to the DM. It's what I was used to when I first played D&D, but not what the current generation of gamers are comfortable with (I blame video games.) This actually cause the biggest problems with my current group(s). This is also way beyond the scope of this thread.

I sweat just thinking about how to handle this when I teach the game. (i.m.h.o. some modern gamers are spoiled/brats.)

It really sucks because this is how I LOVE to play the game.

You hit the nail on the head about what my concern is, and so far I don't see much of a solution. I don't like the attitued of "its waht ever the GM says and players need to just deal with it." I would rather have a structure that provides an even footing for both players and GM just to avoid trouble. Thats why general guide lines and GM discretion is not much of a solution for me. I also like the idea that the player gets to tell what he wants to do and dose it when he succeds on his roll, not "I want to poke his eyes out" and GM explains "you make him hit himslef in the face with his own sword" based on GM descrition. Instead, I like Goodman's examples of the player saying what he wants to do and than doing it. If the player dose not explain well enough, as a GM i would say "what exactly are you going to do to accomplish that?"

But, who knows, maybe the game will play great and in a week or sooner this thread will be dead. But I suspect that MDoA's could become a new legendary debate in role playing like what is lawful good and cahotic netural really mean?

But for now, I already have the idea of making a fighter that every time he swings his sword also tries to spit in his enemies eye to blind him. Every move I will say "I spit in his eye while I stab him!" And I will nick name him the "spitting tiger." If I have to, ill fight with a sword in one hand and a whineskin in the other to make sure I can continue to do the move over and over! Its very obnoxious and I would only do it in my brothers game (we allways do stuff like that to each other's games).
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

moes1980 wrote:But for now, I already have the idea of making a fighter that every time he swings his sword also tries to spit in his enemies eye to blind him. Every move I will say "I spit in his eye while I stab him!" And I will nick name him the "spitting tiger." If I have to, ill fight with a sword in one hand and a whineskin in the other to make sure I can continue to do the move over and over! Its very obnoxious and I would only do it in my brothers game (we allways do stuff like that to each other's games).
This is what I said above. And it is why there HAVE to be guidelines. Otherwise every single swing of a sword will involve attempting to cut off the guys hand and have his hand fly off and pluck out someone else's eye. That's really cool right?

Return to “DCC RPG General”