Castle Whiterock

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm

ugh!

Post by joela » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:09 pm

CharlieRock wrote:I just saw Castle Whiterock at my LGS. 8)
Likewise. OMG, that's HEAVY.

Hmmm. Can't seem to find it on B&N and Borders to order :(
What do you mean no?

User avatar
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:23 pm
Location: Goodman Games East
Contact:

Post by Ken Hart » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:40 pm

If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm

ISBN

Post by joela » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Ken Hart wrote:If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
Huh. I didn't scroll deep enough. Thanks!
What do you mean no?

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Availability

Post by joela » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:26 pm

joela wrote:
Ken Hart wrote:If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
Huh. I didn't scroll deep enough. Thanks!
Looks like it'll be in the stores in late November (21st+). Not a problem. Xmas is not too far around the corner :)
What do you mean no?

User avatar
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:10 am
Location: Catacombs of Bowling Green Castle
Contact:

Post by kenwig » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:39 am

I picked up a copy of Whiterock Saturday and I'm looking forward to killing, humhmm I mean running the players through it!

k

User avatar
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:14 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK.
Contact:

Post by Eryx » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:06 pm

Pretty meaty and looks rather tough. I have my next (post AoW) campaign worked out already, but I think the one after should a big Castle Whiterock crawl.
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.

Ghost2020
Ill-Fated Peasant
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by Ghost2020 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 am

Funny that Amazon isn't offering some sort of deal on it like they did with the Known World set.

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:36 pm

MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
(Sheeyoot! Does that thing have lead minis innit??!)

User avatar
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:04 am
Contact:

Post by PeelSeel2 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:53 pm

CharlieRock wrote:MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
(Sheeyoot! Does that thing have lead minis innit??!)
Maybe she is thinking if she gets you a whiterock, then you will get her a white rock.

Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Elfrida, Arizona

Post by Treebore » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Ghost2020 wrote:Funny that Amazon isn't offering some sort of deal on it like they did with the Known World set.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

If they don't give their normal deal I'll have to pass on this. Not anything against Joe, I agree its a great price for the content, etc...

I guess its the "mental block" that happens with saying $100.00 instead of $66.00.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

User avatar
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:44 pm

Post by Jengenritz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:09 pm

Paizo seems to have it for a wee bit less, but we'll have to see what Amazon does...
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:37 am

PeelSeel2 wrote:
CharlieRock wrote:MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
(Sheeyoot! Does that thing have lead minis innit??!)
Maybe she is thinking if she gets you a whiterock, then you will get her a white rock.
She knows I roll randomly for loot. :P

User avatar
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Hidden Base in the NJ Wilderness

Post by Warduke » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:40 am

also try amazon.ca ....... i don't know the present conversion rate, but they have mighty whiterock up for pre-sale at a discount.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team

User avatar
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 am

Post by moriarty777 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:23 am

Warduke wrote:also try amazon.ca ....... i don't know the present conversion rate, but they have mighty whiterock up for pre-sale at a discount.
They do... available for pre-order at the kick-ass discount and they chose to recognize the power of the Canadian dollar!

http://www.amazon.ca/Dungeon-Crawl-Clas ... 306&sr=8-1

For just over 60$ Canadian (and free shipping since I reside in Canada) this is *SOOOOOO* tempting!

I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
Last edited by moriarty777 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:28 am

moriarty777 wrote: I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
What is there to think about, man! We're talking about Castle Whiterock!
I just whupped a bear cub right in front of it's momma, just so I could have DCC#51!

User avatar
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 am

Post by moriarty777 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:35 pm

CharlieRock wrote:
moriarty777 wrote: I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
What is there to think about, man! We're talking about Castle Whiterock!
I just whupped a bear cub right in front of it's momma, just so I could have DCC#51!
lol ... Don't get me wrong -- it's probably one of the *finest* products ever put out for 3.5 and I really like the DCC line and the other multitude of items that Goodman Games puts out. However, I also mainly play (and run) Castles & Crusades which means any product put out that's been designed for 3.x is one I have to think twice about.

That being said, I'll most likely be picking this bad boy up (it's hard to say no when I can get it for $60)

Moriarty the Red

User avatar
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: the Towers of Carcosa

Post by Ogrepuppy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:18 pm

C'mon, I thought you were cool. All the cool people are getting Whiterock.

[/drug reference / peer pressure jokes]

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:04 am

moriarty777 wrote:lol ... Don't get me wrong -- it's probably one of the *finest* products ever put out for 3.5 and I really like the DCC line and the other multitude of items that Goodman Games puts out. However, I also mainly play (and run) Castles & Crusades which means any product put out that's been designed for 3.x is one I have to think twice about.

Moriarty the Red
I recognized ya from the TLG boards. :wink:
I, too, play C&C. But we are mid-campaign for C&C so we can start a brand new team of heroes just for Castle Whiterock. That means we will be (once again) playing twice a week. That's a sacrifice I am willing to make. :P

User avatar
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Hidden Base in the NJ Wilderness

Post by Warduke » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 am

we should keep a tally of all the PCs that die in our games to castle whiterock ...... i dropped 2 in sinister secret this wed. has anyone else lost heroes so far?

edit: sweet! thanks for the skully!!!!

---------
Whiterock PC Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img][img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Warduke on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:14 am

Warduke wrote:we should keep a tally of all the PCs that die in our games to castle whiterock ...... i dropped 2 in sinister secret this wed. has anyone else lost heroes so far?
LoL. Um, we started using level 0 guys. Total wipeout. I would hesitate to count them though, being level 0 and all.
And yes, as cool as I thought it would be, we dropped the idea of starting level 0.

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:02 am
Location: On the run.
Contact:

Post by Harley Stroh » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:18 am

Here ya go, Duke.

[img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]

Rock: Oof. Sorry to hear about that. Was it the flooding chamber in the end?

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 am

Harley Stroh wrote:Here ya go, Duke.

[img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]

Rock: Oof. Sorry to hear about that. Was it the flooding chamber in the end?

//H
They wish. It was room 10. They had been drained pretty hard by then and went on when I would've turned around and tried again ... next week. (they lost quite a few Str from an earlier encounter and at level zero you pretty much don't want that).

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:02 am
Location: On the run.
Contact:

Post by Harley Stroh » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:42 am

Nods. Sorry to hear that. But if 1-10 hadn't gotten them, the final encounter probably would have. :(

So much success is in knowing when to return to fight another day.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

User avatar
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Missouri

Post by CharlieRock » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:15 am

Harley Stroh wrote:Nods. Sorry to hear that. But if 1-10 hadn't gotten them, the final encounter probably would have. :(

So much success is in knowing when to return to fight another day.

//H
Don't feel sorry! It was one of the funnest games we had in awhile. :D

User avatar
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 469
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by Jeff LaSala » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 pm

So while I did get to see it at GenCon, I finally have my own copy now. I forgot how delightfully MASSIVE this boxed set is. Good stuff. Talk about the ultimate ready-made dungeon.

All I did was write a large portion of the Morrain gazetteer—Harley detailed Cillimar and did a kick-ass job of it—but the most kudos go to Chris and Adrian for this bad boy.

Good job, gentlemen. :D
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner

Post Reply

Return to “Castle Whiterock”