Playtests, where do we get more?

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Playtests, where do we get more?

Post by Harley Stroh »

We need more cons. We need more playtests. We need to hammer the system from every side.

I'd like to head down to Denver and the Front Range once or twice a month, but that's not super practical. I'm also thinking of running demos/playtests in stores. Other thoughts?

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Playtests, where do we get more?

Post by goodmangames »

I have several San Diego players interested but until I have a good run of adventures ready for a CAMPAIGN continuity I don't want to enlist too many locals - I'm "saving them up" for the big campaign. I ran a game at a local store a couple weeks ago. Already planning on more games at DunDraCon, GaryCon, and North Texas RPG Con next year. Hmm, let's scout out some small cons for the winter months and see if there are any options out there.

Also, I plan a public playtest early next year...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

goodmangames wrote:Already planning on more games at DunDraCon, GaryCon, and North Texas RPG Con next year.
Yeah ... but by the time Spring hits for Gary and North Texas we should be in the proofing stage.
goodmangames wrote:Also, I plan a public playtest early next year...
Ah ... good point. As much as I'd like to be seeing new cities and running games, I think this is the solution.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I've had several fans and game stores request to be part of a playtest. I'm planning a round 2 playtest (at some point between now and end of year) that will involve them.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Also, I am kicking around this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rp ... tions.html

//H

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Given where we both live, west coast cons are probably cheapest to attend. There are usually several in California, Seattle, and Las Vegas throughout the year, but I think we may be past most of them. Definitely plan on attending DunDraCon next year, though!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

Harley Stroh wrote:Also, I am kicking around this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rp ... tions.html

//H
Ah, I didn't recognize that this was your scheme! I'd be glad to do a playtest at Anonycon on Dec. 3-5.

EDIT: I can also run one at Fal-Con in Middletown, CT on Oct. 16th. This is a new one-day con, so it's uncertain whether I'd have enough players. Could we put a mention on the Goodman Games front page or otherwise mobilize publicity to help make it happen?

I'll probably run one of the existing adventures for Fal-Con - suggestions for which are welcome - and use Anonycon as a chance to playtest my own adventure, since I'll have more time to develop it before then.
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Cool, thanks Tavis. Let me know when Fal-Con is confirmed and we can do some forum posting. I am avoiding using the "main" web site for DCC RPG until it's officially announced, but so far the under-the-radar forum posting has done the trick for other cons. Depending on how many sessions you have, I would say start them at 0-level with Harley's Sailors on the Starless Sea and then get them into Citadel of the Emerald Sorcerer. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC RPG Private Playtest, Round One”