Dragonborn Handbook

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dragonborn Handbook

Post by Syffin »

First off I wanted to say that while this is my first post, I have been reading the forums for a while now. I love the Goodman Games stuff, it got me back into table top gaming and got me excited about DMing in 4e. In fact I specifically drove to Gen Con for a day just to buy Sellswords and Dragora and I have been enjoying running both of those adventures. I wanted to thank you guys for making such great products. :D

My question is about the Dragonborn Handbook. What kinds of things are inside the book, I didn't get a whole lot out of the description and the pages on RPGNow are tiny and hard to read. Any information on what kinds of things I can expect to find in the book would be cool.

Again thanks for all the awesome stuff for 4e and keep up the good work!
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Dragonborn Handbook

Post by Blackdirge »

Welcome aboard, Syffin.

Here's a very informative review of Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn over at EN World: Dragonborn Review.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. We Goodman authors are always lurking around, and we like nothing more than talking about our own work. :D

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

I went to my local flgs and they said they had sold out of the copies they had, so I came back a week later and I was told that the store owner placed the book on "special order only" status, meaning they will not keep the book on the shelf but only order it if it is requested. This kind of pissed me off.
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

xredjasonx wrote:I went to my local flgs and they said they had sold out of the copies they had, so I came back a week later and I was told that the store owner placed the book on "special order only" status, meaning they will not keep the book on the shelf but only order it if it is requested. This kind of pissed me off.
Wow, that makes no sense. If the book sold it out, people want it. Why wouldn't he want to restock a book that is obviously a good seller?

Normally, I would say support your local game store, but in this case, get it off of Amazon: Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

xredjasonx wrote:I went to my local flgs and they said they had sold out of the copies they had, so I came back a week later and I was told that the store owner placed the book on "special order only" status, meaning they will not keep the book on the shelf but only order it if it is requested. This kind of pissed me off.
Please send the name & phone number of the store. I will call them. Also, let me know if I can tell them your name as a specific example.

Thanks,
Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Done. And sure, tell them my name, it's cool.
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

They do have the DCC's on the may 4E display rack though, by the way.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Just talked to Steve Ellis, one of the owners at Rainy Day Games...they made a mistake and accidentally flagged Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn as a special order title in their system. He's fixing that so it will be restocked, and expects to have it back in stock next week. You might want to call ahead to make sure they've gotten it before you make the trip, but they're on it and will have it for you as soon as they can get it!

BTW, Rainy Day Games is a great supporter of the industry - I know the owners from the convention circuit. I have never been to the store but it's on my list as one I want to visit someday.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

It really is a great store. The area in the back for game-play with all the tables and such is pretty big compared to any other game stores I've been to. If you ever are in the area to check it out let me know and I'll buy you a coffee. ;)

Oh and thanks for taking care of that!

Return to “4E Products”