DCC Tarot Deck

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

DCC Tarot Deck

Post by Skars »

I love to use Tarot cards at the table for all sorts of situations that require a random element or just a little bit of weirdness :) A deck of tarot cards with classic style artwork would be boss. Toss in a sweet reference guide that lists potential in game DCC modifiers for each card (and its inverse) and maybe a cryptic fortune... :idea:
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: DCC Tarot Deck

Post by Skars »

*Aherm* "Fate's Fell Hand" even has some examples of cards for the set on the cover!

:mrgreen:

Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

House Rules I am using for tarot cards during my DCC sessions

At the beginning of each session, we each take a moment to shuffle the deck of tarot cards and then one is chosen randomly by each player after everyone has shuffled. The card is read based on it's orientation (right side up or inversed) for flavor from the accompanying book. Finally, cards can be turned in and spent at any time during the session with the following effects:

Card Value 1-10 for one of the suits = 1 time +2 Modifier
Face card for one of the suits = 1 time +3 Modifier
one of the 22 Trumps = 1 time +5 Modifier or you may automatically succeed at a mighty deed or similar action with Judge approval. Conversely, you can also turn in this card for 1 XP but then the Judge can use the modifier/effect for one adversary against the players.

It has worked out to be really fun thus far. Players can make of it what they want, but as folks have gotten accustom to the cards in play, their usage has turned out to spice things up nicely! In time, I may tailor the cards to being more specific effects but for now the broad application works. If you end up trying out this mechanism please let me know the results. Thanks!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I like that idea, Skars.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.

Return to “Suggestion Box”