Gen Con

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Gen Con

Post by dancross »

There will be Eldritch games run this year at Gen Con, headed up by my good friend and chief playtester Seth Clayton. Please look for this when signing up for RPG sessions this year.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Gen Con

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Hey Dan,

Can you provide any details on the Gen Con offerings related to ERP?

Details like the following would be useful:

-- number of sessions?
-- number of unique sessions or events (2 sessions of adventure A, 1 session of adventure B, etc.)
-- adventure synopsis?
-- character generation demo's?
-- playout demos or 'unofficial' events?
-- any after hours games planned?

I'm going to Gen Con and would like to see a demo or some intro type sessions of ERP, time permitting of course.

thanks,

tacojohn4547
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

tacojohn4547 wrote: -- any after hours games planned?
I'm particularly keen on knowing this since most of my official time will probably taken up with official things, but I'd love to play me some ERP.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

I'll have to get back to you with these questions because I haven't gotten the schedule yet. I'll have to ask seth if he'd be willing to run any after hours games.
Zemora
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Zemora »

I didn't see any ERP listed on the last, updated event calendar. Was it there somewhere and I missed it? I'd love to sign up.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Zemora wrote:I didn't see any ERP listed on the last, updated event calendar. Was it there somewhere and I missed it? I'd love to sign up.
We are working on getting that fixed...just some bugs with registration...
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Bump.

I'm still interested in what the event offering will be for ERP at Gen Con.

-- number of sessions?
-- number of unique sessions or events (2 sessions of adventure A, 1 session of adventure B, etc.)
-- adventure synopsis?

tacojohn4547
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

tacojohn4547 wrote:Bump.

I'm still interested in what the event offering will be for ERP at Gen Con.

-- number of sessions?
-- adventure synopsis?

tacojohn4547
The adventure will likely be what's used in the forthcoming Quickstart (Spoiler!). There are pregen characters in that. Not sure on the other details yet, I'll have to ask Goodman.

I can't post much more yet for lack of internet access outside of work...
kragar00
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kragar00 »

Hey, all. I haven't had much of a chance to check the forums here, but I will be running some Eldritch games at GenCon...
I signed up for 4 sessions with Goodman Games... I don't know if the times I proposed were approved or not... But the tentative schedule was:

14th - 2pm-6pm
15th - 10am-2pm
16th - 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm

As far as I know, the same scenario will be run for each session (one that Dan has so graciously written expressly for this)... We'll be using pre-generated characters in that scenario to maximize play time... But I'll be available throughout GenCon to answer any questions people have (at least to the best of my ability)...
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

kragar00 wrote:Hey, all. I haven't had much of a chance to check the forums here, but I will be running some Eldritch games at GenCon...
I signed up for 4 sessions with Goodman Games... I don't know if the times I proposed were approved or not... But the tentative schedule was:

14th - 2pm-6pm
15th - 10am-2pm
16th - 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm

As far as I know, the same scenario will be run for each session (one that Dan has so graciously written expressly for this)... We'll be using pre-generated characters in that scenario to maximize play time... But I'll be available throughout GenCon to answer any questions people have (at least to the best of my ability)...
Hi Seth! Great to see you here. ;-)
kragar00
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kragar00 »

Sorry I haven't been around recently... Life's been busy...
But I'll try to keep my eye on the forums here in case I can help out :)
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

kragar00 wrote:Sorry I haven't been around recently... Life's been busy...
But I'll try to keep my eye on the forums here in case I can help out :)
Thank you!
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Has anybody played an Eldritch game at Gen Con yet?
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

Hey Folks,

Eldritch was actually my first event at the Con and made a really strong impression. Seth was a great guy to spend time with(the other players didn't show so I got some great 1-on-1 instruction) and I absolutely love the system! With the expense of the Con (I came out from Arizona) I didn't have much money left for game purchases, but of the two products I bought, Eldritch was one.

For a long time now I've been looking for a fantasy rpg system that is streamlined and not so burdened with overly technical details and lots of math or charts upon charts to look up.

And since I've been almost exclusively running an Superhero RPG that uses only 10-siders(Mayfair's DC Heroes), there was also a strange geeky side of me that just wanted to use a full dice set. Eldritch ended up being the perfect fit for me, and I look forward to learning the rest of the system and running a campaign with it.

If anybody has suggestions, I'd absolutely LOVE estimated conversion notes for D&D to Eldritch, since there's a wealth of adventures out there, and I don't have the time anymore to run anything but pre-gens.

Anyway, thanks for the great demo, Seth! And a big "well done" to you, Mr. Cross!

Paeter
CHRISTIAN SCI-FI AND FANTASY
Unsterilized, Unsafe...Unleashed!
www.spiritblade.net
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

paeterboy wrote:Hey Folks,

Eldritch was actually my first event at the Con and made a really strong impression. Seth was a great guy to spend time with(the other players didn't show so I got some great 1-on-1 instruction) and I absolutely love the system! With the expense of the Con (I came out from Arizona) I didn't have much money left for game purchases, but of the two products I bought, Eldritch was one.

For a long time now I've been looking for a fantasy rpg system that is streamlined and not so burdened with overly technical details and lots of math or charts upon charts to look up.

And since I've been almost exclusively running an Superhero RPG that uses only 10-siders(Mayfair's DC Heroes), there was also a strange geeky side of me that just wanted to use a full dice set. Eldritch ended up being the perfect fit for me, and I look forward to learning the rest of the system and running a campaign with it.

If anybody has suggestions, I'd absolutely LOVE estimated conversion notes for D&D to Eldritch, since there's a wealth of adventures out there, and I don't have the time anymore to run anything but pre-gens.

Anyway, thanks for the great demo, Seth! And a big "well done" to you, Mr. Cross!

Paeter
Welcome and good evening! I regretted I was unable to attend the con, but Seth was my chief playtester and is also a good friend, so I was happy that he was there. The first thing you ought to start with is the FAQ file and the new, streamlined character sheet (although the one in the book will give you lots of space for notes).

http://www.goodman-games.com/4360preview.html

I'm sure you'll have lots of questions, but you'll be happy to know I've personally fielded hundreds of questions on this forum and I have no intention of going away. We also have some very creative contributors here who are always coming up with new and cool ways to look at the system, trying new things. Eldritch is fun to play or to tweak to ones own preference and style :)

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”