Questions from an RPG gamer

Dungeoneer the RPG is fast paced and easy to learn, and yet is packed with depth and tactical game play. You can set up your game session in moments and enjoy playing for hours.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, Harley Stroh

dimitkan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Questions from an RPG gamer

Post by dimitkan »

I come from Greece. I 'm playing RPGs for 15 years. I own Dungeoneer the card game, too. I'd like to ask some questions.

From what I've read in the forum, the Dungeonlord creates the adventure using the quest cards and creating a quest tree. Players must fulfill Quest A before they continue with Quest B. Do they have to fulfill them alone, like the card game or it is it a group work?

Is there a general quest from the beginning that the heroes must complete to end the adventure?

Is there a story connecting the Quest A with Quest B and Quest C or they are independent quests?

Is there one or two global quests at the same time on the table?

Is the movement system the same or different from the card game? I mean, do the heroes move alone or together like the traditional RPG party on the map cards?

Do they fight alone like the card game or together at the same time?

If the heroes don't kill an enemy, is he going back to the hand of the Dungeonlord or in the pack like the card game or they continue the battle on a second turn?
Thomas Denmark
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thomas Denmark »

Hello, let me see if I can help.

must Players fulfill Quest A before they continue with Quest B. Do they have to fulfill them alone, like the card game or it is it a group work?

The Quest tree allows branches to become available as lower level Quests are completed. The player's act together just as in a traditional RPG to complete Quests. These Quests become available through role-playing opportunities. For example the barmaid, bartender, and mysterious figure seated in the corner may each have clues to open up different Quests if you succeed in your interactions with them.

Is there a general quest from the beginning that the heroes must complete to end the adventure?

Quests are influenced by the types of characters the players create. All Quests are "general" (global in the term used by the card game). Starting Quests are really up to the Dungeonlord, he may want to start the game with a storyline in progress and Quests revealed, or he may want the players to find the Quests.

Is there a story connecting the Quest A with Quest B and Quest C or they are independent quests?

This is highly dependent on how the Dungeonlord sets them up. They may be plot points along the same story, or branch off into side Quests.

Is there one or two global quests at the same time on the table?

There are as many Quests as the player's have uncovered.

Is the movement system the same or different from the card game? I mean, do the heroes move alone or together like the traditional RPG party on the map cards?

Much like the card game movements are like action points players can spend at will. Most actions are performed within a party structure.

Do they fight alone like the card game or together at the same time?

Together! This is the key to the strategic combat system, for each player to have their own role in combat (and in role-playing).

If the heroes don't kill an enemy, is he going back to the hand of the Dungeonlord or in the pack like the card game or they continue the battle on a second turn?

Here is where it differs much from the card game. In the card game encounters with monsters was very abstract for the sake of the game system. In a role-playing game the monsters act as living breathing creatures with their own will. They may continue to fight, retreat, surrender, negotiate, etc. just as in any traditional role-playing game.
Thomas Denmark
www.studiodenmark.com
dimitkan
Ill-Fated Peasant

thank you

Post by dimitkan »

Thank you for your reply.

I think that roleplaying is not just hack 'n slash, but a good storytelling, too.

I really like that combat isn't so abstract as in the card game, that the creatures have their own will, and the heroes fight together.

I think I'll create many epic stories in the Dungeoneer world.

I hope I'll have it in my hands before Easter.

Return to “Dungeoneer”