Dungeoneer as a generic fantasy RPG

Dungeoneer the RPG is fast paced and easy to learn, and yet is packed with depth and tactical game play. You can set up your game session in moments and enjoy playing for hours.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, Harley Stroh

Osrandil

Dungeoneer as a generic fantasy RPG

Post by Osrandil »

I wonder how the Dungeoneer RPG will be received by people who do not know about and/or are not interested in the card game. Will they have to flip over much they had paid for, or are the references to the card game far between and strictly optional?

All the best!
Osrandil
Thomas Denmark
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thomas Denmark »

It is a card based RPG.

The Dungeoneer RPG includes all the cards needed to play the game.
Thomas Denmark
www.studiodenmark.com
warpweaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Sidebars

Post by warpweaver »

It was an interesting problem for us to make Dungeoneer adventures:
i) accessible to the newcomer
ii) appealing to the experienced Dungeoneer XCG player.

Our solution is simple.
The core rules deal with everything you need to run the game.
We use sidebars to deal with topics that are of particular interest to new players and experienced Dungeoneers.

For example, each Calling gives the low down on the advantages your hero has for their favored quest type, explains how to roleplay your calling effectively and discusses relating with heroes of other callings. In addition, there is a "New to the Game" sidebar, to help out heroes not so familiar with roleplaying.

[Sidebar:New to the Game?] Reknown is a great calling for beginners as it requires only one simple guideline. Do what gains you glory! The main risk when playing a hero who seeks reknown, is attracting so much peril that you get yourself, and possibly the rest of the party killed. Keep an eye on that, and you will do just fine.

Other sidebars meant for experienced Dungeoneer cover topics like Hero vs. Hero conflict, Shift and Warp cards and free-form roleplaying.

Onwards to Glory!
bye for now,
richard pocklington
OURUlz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

so give us some new design notes

Post by OURUlz »

I've got a lot of high hopes for this RPG which is more than I can say about about the robber barons over at wizards of the coast's new line of crap no one wants. Anyway, tell us about character generation and stuff?
I'd like to hear all about it.
Nobody wants to do the math to hit Armor Class 42...do you here me? Nobody.
warpweaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by warpweaver »

Please see design Diary #6: Hero Creation in 10 mins or less.
It should be up on the site shortly.
bye for now,
richard pocklington

Return to “Dungeoneer”