Firefly/Horizons: Brave New World (part two)

Forum for Spellburn developers.
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Valiant suspected Jesse wasn't the gun wielding type but it was worth looking into.

"Well then, let's get to lifting." He followed Gabe down into the cargo bay.

~~

Minerva sighed heavily as the captain came over the intercom and told everyone to go into the cargo bay. She had just crawled into bed and was about to get some well deserved shut eye...

She hastily pulled on her clothes, grabbed her utility belt, and headed down to the cargo bay with a muttered curse about hasty men.

~~

Darren looked down at the sleeping Eddie as the captain's order came over the intercom. He just shrugged, made sure Eddie's restraints were tight, and ducked out of the medical bay.
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio
MWallace
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by MWallace »

[OOC Sorry about the delay!]

Val and Gabe lifted the last heavy block of starship insulation onto the workshop horse. The front had been painted with a very crude drawing of what looked like a pirate.

The others had gathered near the door to Medical, some held the weapons they owned, but Jesse just stood with her arms folded over her chest, half-interested.

"This ain't but a test," Gabe explained as he walked back to the group, "Just take a few shots, we can gauge your skills. I don't mean for anyone who ain't ready to take a step into the fight I'm aimin' to finish, but on the chance things go badly, we need people shooting while we run. Dong ma?"

He whirled and fired at the target with his compacted rifle.

Gabe's Attack Roll: 20

The "head" of the target took a bullet between the eyes, leaving a smoking hole in its place.

Gabe smirked, awfully proud of his skill... at showing off.

"Go ahead, take a shot." He said.
Chris McCoy
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Chris McCoy »

Valiant stood next to Gabe and quickly drew both of his magnums, his hands a blur of motion as the twin hand cannons fired in perfect timing with each other.

Val's attack rolls: 18, 19 (Woo!)

The smoking holes were all the pirate had for eyes nows as Valiant put his magnums away and smirked.

"He didn't see it coming."

~~

Minerva winced as the two ex-soldiers fired off their oversized weapons and sighed as she was the first in line after them.

"Well, don't know what this proves on my part...but..." She drew her father's pistol from its holster, put both hands on the grip, and lined up her sight.

The pistol was a heavily modified beauty, nickelplated and with a hammerless system. The muzzle had been extended to add some stopping power and a sound suppressor installed directly into the barrel. It didn't kill all the sound but it surely was a lot quieter than most weapons of its size.

Minerva corrected her stance and squeezed the trigger, just like her father had taught her.

Minerva's attack roll: 12

"You know, Min, if you would have just told us that you hated pirates, we could have painted something else on the target." Val chuckled.

Minerva's shot had brought low the pirate's loins and most of the men in the room cringed. In either sympathy or pain, Minerva couldn't tell.

"I was aimming for his chest, honest Injun." She raised her hand and a giggle escaped her lips.

"You're up, Doc." She put her gun away and skipped out of the line and joined Val, who just returned her smirk.

"Good shooting, Min."

~~

Darren looked over at Gabe and sighed.

"I don't have a weapon that wouldn't burn a hole into the hull. Can I borrow one, since you all seem bent on putting holes in perfectly good insulation?"
Chris McCoy
Freelance Game Designer and Goblin Wrangler
Writing Portfolio

Return to “Spellburn”