Out of character

Forum for online DragonMech game "Destiny of Steam and Steel."

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, Harley Stroh

Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

It's my turn for appologies. Telus - the future could be friendlier - deleted my internet account in an account-name mix up. Then they promised us their "new" service and I've been down for five days.

I finished a book this month for Louis J. Porter Design, I'm editing Kobolds of Frostwind Forest, Chronomancer and Broken - three major books of mine which should see print sometime during the next year or two. I'm doing an online course and a live course at school and I still have to make it in to work, lifegaurding, to pay the bills. But I've got internet back so here I am.

Mark Charke
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

Woah, looks like Nedderpick may be coming down. Good thing Namfoodle memorized featherfall this morning. :lol:
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

....er good luck with that feather fall eh?

Most famous character death in my group: My pyro mage collapsed an old dungeon with a fireball (darn structure rules from 2.0). The passage collapsed three levels and we got hurt. Some wights rose up, as we were now in the 3rd level of the dungeon!

A good friend of mine (ooc) didn't fall and decided to skirt around the large hole and explore, while we were below fighting for out lives. All alone he openned a door and discovered seven undead ogres. They put him into the negatives before he could react.

He fell backwards into the hole. Someone hit him with feather fall on the way down. Another wizard hit the wall with lightning bolt, injuring the undead ogers but bringing the hole wall down. Someone hit the wall with feather fall so it wouldn't kill our unconcious and slowly falling buddy.

He landed and the wall came down on top of him. I hit him with a Chromatic Orb turning him to stone so he wouldn't be crushed. The wall landed on him. The undead ogers landed on the wall. We ran. I dropped a few fireballs behind collapsing the entire dungeon.

Days later we dug up his broken stone body. We used a few mending spells (a good idea) but ran out and used stone shape (very bad idea), then turned him back to flesh. He had to survived 15 system shock roles and died around number 7.

The story gets told a lot.

Mark Charke
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

On a side note I'm trying to decide what to do with the game. I've either got to reorganize how I post or shut it down. Posting once every three weeks or so, as I have been doing, is just too slow. I think, perhaps, if I changed my subscription method to daily reports, that would help. I would know how many people posted. Right now I get one report and that's the end of it and I sort of forget about it.

I'm pretty swamped. I'm chasing work with Wizards, the Battlestar Galactica roleplaying game and with Louis J. Porter's new campaign setting. (Just chasing, not accepted). I'm also revising a couple of books and writing an expansion for Broken, for The Le Games.

Plus, y'know, the "real" job, which for me is lifeguarding.

Mark Charke
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

Maybe move to a play by mail way of doing it? There are only a few of us.
Orin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Orin »

Bump.

You still interested in going on with the Lunar thing Mark?

Return to “DragonMech: Destiny of Steam and Steel”