The Golden Palace of Zahadran & The Transmuter’s Last To

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

The Golden Palace of Zahadran & The Transmuter’s Last To

Post by Renshai »

Both of these look like excellent adventures. I'm glad to see another 2 dollar adventure too!

The artwork for The Golden Palace looks excellent!

C'mon July!
Drone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Drone »

They're running Transmuter's Last Touch at Gen Con this year. Unfortunately, everything they were running was sold out in a matter of hours. I wanted a ticket so bad, it sounds really good. Ah, well, I'll just run for my group. It's much more fun to be on the delivering end of a TPK.

And who says you can't make money publishing adventures? GG seems to be doing quite well. I'm not saying they're rich but, considering their fanbase and the fact that they sold out their events within hours, I'd say they're just fine.
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

Luck is probability taken personally.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Yeah, these are the only things that keep me playing third edition D&D. If it weren't for them I"d be running Conan full time. As it stands I am enjoying being able to introduce my son and his friends to D&D in the old fashion style of Dungeon Crawls.

These products are fabulous...
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

I was delighted and surprised to see Transmuter's Last Touch listed for GenCon play. My apologies to any PCs who get wrecked on that one. :D

I love the cover art. And of course Golden Palace looks great.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

I think my favorite part of the cover is the wizard:

Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Drone wrote:They're running Transmuter's Last Touch at Gen Con this year. Unfortunately, everything they were running was sold out in a matter of hours. I wanted a ticket so bad, it sounds really good. Ah, well, I'll just run for my group. It's much more fun to be on the delivering end of a TPK.
Drone,

My friend is running some TLT games for GenCon. I'll invite him over here and see if we can't badger him in to running underground DCC games. :twisted:

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Drone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Drone »

Excellent! I'm helping judge the first round of this year's tournament and am running one of the Thursday 4 pm, Friday 8am, noon, and 4 pm slots (busy day) but I can rearrange my Saturday and Sunday schedules. Hope we can make this work.

Alex Anderegg
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Alex Anderegg »

I'm the guy slated to GM TLT on Sunday--but I bet I can fit in an extracurricular run of the module at some point. It'd be fun to GM it without any time constraints too.

Also, I plan to GM the module Bandits and Bedlam sometime Wednesday night for those that might be in Indy a little early. It's in part to make sure I can get through the module in 3.5 hours and it's also a rules round-up for certain people who haven't GMed D&D for a while. (You know who you are Mr. Ack!-a-Grapple-Check?)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

A!

Good to see you. Just so everyone knows, Alex GM'd for my group back when it was still called DMing. It was our longest running D&D campaign, and ended in a TPK.

I think a mountain collapsed on us. We got the bad guy though.

It's hard to contain my excitement about GenCon. Old friends publishing modules, new friends publishing modules, the release of DCC World, and the notorious El Presidente.

Does it get any better? I think not.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Drone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Drone »

My brother, a friend of ours, and I are coming down Wednesday afternoon and another friend of my brother's is flying in that afternoon as well. I'm sure they'd love to get a little gaming in before the con officially begins.

Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

If that's a semi-open invite, I'd like to get in on some dice-throwing. I'm running this year's tournament and I'd love to have a chance to actually play something.

I get in Wednesday pretty early.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Alex Anderegg
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Alex Anderegg »

Jengenritz wrote:If that's a semi-open invite, I'd like to get in on some dice-throwing. I'm running this year's tournament and I'd love to have a chance to actually play something.

I get in Wednesday pretty early.
Cool! And I know the feeling--always a GM never a PC.

Anyway, I believe you claimed the last open slot for a six player game. I'll work out further details as GenCon approaches . . . .
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

I just looked at a copy of Transmuter's Last Touch in my local store. Thanks again, Joseph. So cool to see it out at last.

And I'm really happy with the art in it, too. Jeremy, as always, your rendition of my map is cool.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I just got Transmuster's Last Touch as well, another top notch product. The map is very good and so far its a good read and sounds like a blast to run.

How you guys keep churning this stuff out while keeping that old style feel is beyond me, but kudos to you for doing it.

Proud DCC Fanboy :)
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Renshai wrote:I just got Transmuster's Last Touch as well, another top notch product. The map is very good and so far its a good read and sounds like a blast to run.

How you guys keep churning this stuff out while keeping that old style feel is beyond me, but kudos to you for doing it.

Proud DCC Fanboy :)
Just picked this up myself, and I agree, looks like this will be a blast to run.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
NanocTheCivilized
Gongfarmer

Post by NanocTheCivilized »

Love DCC 31 The Transmuster's Last Touch :D A good read, and I'll be looking to run this for some folks who've been away from the hobby for many years (but not with 3.5).

I did notice one mistake on the map though: North should point to the top, not the left hand side.
What is good in life?
To slay the characters, and to hear the lamentations of their players.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”