Snag in the plans

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Borealis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Snag in the plans

Post by Borealis »

Well, my plan to collect the DCC line for my son as a Christmas present has run into a wee bit of a snag. The gaming store I frequent has just shut its doors to RPGing since the owner was making no money on it whatsoever. Apparently I, as a DCC shopper, was one of a very few who was actually coming in to buy things. There's still one store in town, and I hope he'll be willing to order in both my Dragon and Dungeon magazines and the DCC modules for me as special orders.

Of course, since they were closing down the RPG lines, they offered me a sweet deal on the DCCs and other books that I didn't already have: 35% off everything. Naturally I picked up the remaining eight DCCs as well as seven D&D hardcovers. So my list is now as follows:

0: Legends are Made, Not Born
4: Bloody Jack's Gold
5: Aerie of the Crow God (including 5.5: Seed of Evil)
10: The Sunless Garden
12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics
13: Crypt of the Devil Lich
15: Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra
17: Legacy of the Savage Kings
18: Citadel of the Demon Prince
19: The Volcano Caves
20: Shadows of Freeport (the spine has a #19 on it instead of #20 for some reason)
21: Assault on Stormbringer Castle
22: The Stormbringer Juggernaut
23: The Sunken Ziggurat
25: The Dread Crypt of Sirhoz
28: Into the Wilds
32: The Golden Palace of Zahadran
33: Belly of the Great Beast (he LOVES the Epic Level Handbook)
34: Cage of Delirium
35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms
36: Talons of the Horned King

So I've got 22 products so far; I'm not even halfway...but, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I've accepted that there's no way on God's green earth that I'm going to get hardcopies of 3.5 and 20.5, but even PDFs of them would be just fine. Like me, he's not so interested in the 'mint condition collector's item' concept; we collect things to have a complete collection and to read and play.

Just out of curiosity, are there any plans to publish high-level DCCs for levels 16-20? That's a significant gap missing, and I'm sure that there are ways to produce excellent dungeon crawls even for such high-level characters.
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Good luck on snagging the rest of the series. Outside of the two "rares" you don't have, it shouldn't be hard to have this other store order the rest of the DCCs. It boils down to finances at this point.

Pound for pound, I'm coming to the conclusion this line of modules may be the best ever produced for fantasy RPG, perhaps surpasing the first edition TSR line of modules. (I go back and forth on this.)
Vanulf
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Vanulf »

Congratulations on snagging a great deal for your collection.

I, too, asked this question about the missing levels and has of yet not recieved an answer.
Miniature Troll
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Miniature Troll »

Hmmm... Mental note: Start sending in some proposals for adventures for 16th-20th level.
Steve Greer
Lord of the Miniature Trolls
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:) We're working to fill that hole. Good high level adventures are hard to find, but I'm sure Greer can pull something out of his hat of tricks.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”