DCC Devil-lich without Drow

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

waltero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC Devil-lich without Drow

Post by waltero »

I am interested in using this module in my campaign but I was wondering how difficult it would be for me to modify it wothout Drow. I have bought the DCC module #8 (Mysteries of the Drow) and found it quite adaptable to my campaign. One of the players in the group had a conflict with Drow in his background story and that module fit in well for his character. However, another player can't stand the idea of Drow elves and I don't want to force him to play another Drow module. I was thinking of using Valley Elves as possible templates. Sound feasible? Do you suggest another race?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Drow don't play a big role in the module except as background material. There are only two drow encounters: the Chapel of Khetira, and the final encounter with the Devil Lich herself. The drow in the Chapel of Khetira are vampires, and the vampire aspect is more important to the encounter than the drow aspect, so you could easily make them another race. As for the Devil Lich herself, I personally think she's coolest as the half-drow/half-fiend that she is, but you could change her race without seriously affecting her stats. You'd have to change the back story some, but that shouldn't be too difficult. So yeah, it shouldn't take too much work to adapt to a non-drow campaign.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
waltero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Thanks

Post by waltero »

Thanks for the info. The player in question is a sorceror, so I might pursue a half-dragon angle. Hmmm... half-dragon/half-fiend. Too much?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Thanks

Post by goodmangames »

waltero wrote:Thanks for the info. The player in question is a sorceror, so I might pursue a half-dragon angle. Hmmm... half-dragon/half-fiend. Too much?
Half-dragon/half-fiend for the character or for the Devil-Lich? That would be cool for the Devil-Lich or another NPC. For a character... holy smokes! Better come up with some powerful bad guys.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”