DragonMech Battles at GenCon

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

DragonMech Battles at GenCon

Post by mythfish »

We've got some DMB demos scheduled to happen at GenCon next week. Anyone from here going to be playing?
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Seben-PistonRager
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: DragonMech Battles at GenCon

Post by Seben-PistonRager »

I wish I could... but no Gencon for pistonrager... :cry:
I've got a bionic ear!

But, there is no mechanic to support it!
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

The sessions went pretty well and we got some good feedback. Here's Ken Hart explaining some rules to players.
And here's Mark Charke getting ready to roll yet another 20.
Thanks to everyone who showed up and played!
Dieter Zimmerman
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Cool stuff. Yeah, I thought things went really well. Here's DZim himself at one of the demos. These three guys were smart, experienced players and it was good to get their feedback.

DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Thanks Deiter!

The night before my flight to GenCon I couldn't find my camera despite two hours of searching. (It's still missing.) So I appreciate the GenCon photo!

I was mean and cruel to the manuscript for DragonMech Battles at GenCon. A long time battletech fan, I was raking DMB over the coals for any reference or similarity to the other system. "Movement? You can't use movement. The -other- system uses movement. Call it something steampunkish like, um, locomotivation. Yeah everyone will understand that."

I though there was a lot of good insight into the game at GenCon. And I got to pound my opponent into the ground using a string of natural 20's like no one has ever seen. "Crit. Damage crit. Ooh look another crit! This game is all about crit's right?"

The environment rules (terrain) need tweaking but I'm sure that will happen. And I argued for specific sizes for everything. Maybe that'll happen but it's a little brutal with the vastly different scales invovled.

I'm really curious about the mech creation rules. And on the way upside, the mechs have the same hit points they had in DragonMech d20 so carrying a character onto the battlefeild should be fairly simple - y'know for later when, ahem, the roleplaying game gets going again.

Everyone write Joseph and ask him about DragonMech mini's! Unfortunately, I suspect mini's are really expensive to get going but I'd love to seem them.

Mark Charke
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Charke wrote: I'm really curious about the mech creation rules. And on the way upside, the mechs have the same hit points they had in DragonMech d20 so carrying a character onto the battlefeild should be fairly simple - y'know for later when, ahem, the roleplaying game gets going again.
I'm fully expecting you to totally rewrite the mech creation rules when the game comes out anyway. :lol:
Dieter Zimmerman
Zeus
Gongfarmer

Post by Zeus »

Hey Deiter!
This is one of those 3 guys that are in the picture from Kentucky. We are really interested in helping playtest or help you out in balancing and rules. We play DnD every week in Lebanon, which is maybe 30 miles West off the BG from Lex.

Zeus
Miniatures Player
D&D player
MMO Player
Gamer til Death.

Return to “DragonMech”